Legal - Newark (NJ), NJ eDiscovery Specialist
About the position
We are a Fortune 50 financial services leader with a dynamic and diverse workforce and a strong emphasis on talent management. Our High Tech Investigations Unit is seeking an experienced individual for the position of eDiscovery Specialist. In this capacity, the eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for implementing Prudential’s quality-controlled, efficient, and defensible discovery process as it relates to electronically stored information (ESI). The eDiscovery Specialist works closely with Prudential’s Discovery Services Team to manage all aspects of electronic discovery for the firm’s litigation and regulatory matters. The eDiscovery Specialist has the opportunity to use their experience and industry knowledge to provide best practices guidance and ensure that Prudential’s eDiscovery process continues to be world-class.
Reporting to the HTIU eDiscovery manager, the successful candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities. The eDiscovery Specialist will be required to possess strong technical skills and experience with litigation support technologies and vendors. Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed as there will be significant interaction with associates at all levels of the organization, including attorneys from many practice groups, legal professionals, the business records management community and outside counsel. The successful candidate will be able to multi-task and work independently under tight time constraints.
The roles, responsibilities, and skill requirements include:
- Collecting and preserving ESI using industry standard tools and best practices.
- Processing data, including the application of search terms and running analytical tasks in Prudential’s eDiscovery tools.
- Tracking and managing eDiscovery requests to completion while keeping clients, in-house, and outside counsel apprised of developments.
- Partnering with the Discovery Services Team to successfully complete projects in a defensible and efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing training on the use of Prudential’s eDiscovery tools.
- Keep current with and benchmark peer companies and e-discovery industry subject matter experts to identify best practices.
- Working closely with Prudential’s IT departments to troubleshoot technical issues involving preservation of data.
- Assisting in managing the firm’s eDiscovery and forensic tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or digital forensics
- Minimum two years of IT or industry related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with eDiscovery methodology, best practices, and processing and review platforms (Relativity preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with personal computers, mobile devices, and server hardware, including RAID networked drive storage systems
- Experience using Microsoft O365 Security and Compliance Center.
- Experience using Microsoft PowerShell.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Apple (OS X/iOS), operating systems
- Knowledge of programming and database languages (PowerShell)
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel if required
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Experience using EnCase. X-Ways, or similar forensic tools.
- EnCE, ACE, CFCE, GCFE, or similar industry-accepted certifications preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.