Technology - Roseland, NJ Associate DevOps Engineer
About the position
The selected candidate will work in the Global Technology Solution Delivery Enablement department and will be a member of the Capability and Tooling (C&T) team. Primary responsibilities would be the administration of various DevOps pipeline tools, with a focus on automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery, with a strong desire and skill for identifying opportunities to reduce inefficiencies in the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be required to work with various business organizations to develop tooling solutions which best fit in the DevOps pipelines within the enterprise.
- Install, maintain, and customize new/existing releases of each supported product.
- Provides all product administrative support including defining user roles and privileges, setting up development environments, coordinating security access, and partnering with GT service providers on the production installation setup.
- Work with end-users and development teams to oversee the creation and implementation of the secured source control repositories
- Set up and configure testing environments across multiple platforms and operating systems for infrastructure product testing
- Knowledge of the release management processes for deployment of code through non-production, production, and disaster recovery environments.
- Work closely with application teams to understand the build/integration requirements and design and implement a continuous delivery infrastructure for current platform
- Works with internal and external auditing groups during reviews of business unit application development processes by providing reports and acting as subject matter experts on the product implementation and process standards.
- Manage all C&T infrastructure related backup, restore, and disaster recovery processes and procedures. This includes understanding how to execute all procedures and meet all related SLA’s and/or RTO’s.
- Ability to work overtime as required during off core hours.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support when required on a rotating basis.
- Understanding of Artifactory, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins or similar technologies required
- Knowledge of DevOps processes both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Knowledge of branching and merging concepts and best practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment required
Proficiency with the distributed application development life cycle, including development and build processes
Knowledge of the Enterprise standards to enforce these standards within the tools.
Knowledge of distributed security and Prudential’s Information Security Office standards to both ensure the integrity of managed components and recommend/implement security solutions
- A proficiency of ITIL processes; Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration and Release management
- Understanding of both Linux and Windows OS platforms.
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, Shell, Perl, etc) is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate tools, products, and features to make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with the C&T team, vendors, technical project leads, developers, and end-users
- Clear, authoritative, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications) and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and adept at understanding abstract concepts
- Proactive self-starter, with a proven record of taking initiative, working without supervision and leading strategic requirements through to successful completion
- Adept problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.