Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ 2021 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Analyst Program: Prudential
About the position
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of capital markets, data analysis, and investments to inform business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the investment community? If you are results driven, have a passion for working with numbers, and are deeply technical and highly innovative, then Prudential’s Chief Investment Office (CIO) Analyst Program is the role for you!
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is a major strategic partner to many other departments across the enterprise and relies upon a collaborative culture to effectively create both micro and macro solutions to the most interesting challenges at Prudential. With over $400 billion in assets under management the CIO is responsible for asset liability management (ALM), interest rate risk management, oversight and reporting on product investment margin performance and related hedge management activities. The CIO controls the management of the investment portfolios of Prudential’s General Accounts through its Global Portfolio Management group, Alternative Assets Group, Portfolio Strategy Group, Global Hedge Management team and ALM Strategy & Analytics unit.
The CIO Analyst Program is a three-year, entry-level role within the Chief Investment Office. Our program provides exposure to multiple pockets of a dynamic organization while creating the opportunity for success and recognition through substantial and long-term business impact.
Available opportunities will vary and could include the following placements:
- ALM Strategy & Analytics – Be part of the team responsible for research and development of tools for ALM analysis, strategy decision, and management reporting in addition to maintaining liability valuation and attribution models
- Your Role: Financial modeling with a focus on asset and liability modeling, including scenario analysis
- Skills you’ll develop: quantitative data analysis, mathematical modeling, programming
- Manager of Managers/Alternative Assets Group – Be part of a team responsible for selecting and monitoring both affiliated and unaffiliated managers of traditional asset classes to generate alpha and meet future insurance liability obligations.
- Your Role: Research asset managers, write investment recommendation memos, monitor managers’ performance using quantitative tools
- Skills you’ll develop: Investment research and analysis, investment committee presentation, Excel modeling
- Private Equity Funds and Co-Investments/Alternative Assets Group - Be part of a team responsible for underwriting and monitoring Private Equity fund investments including buyout, mezzanine, growth, venture capital, distressed and credit strategies. The team also selective invests in equity and debt co-investments directly in companies alongside these managers.
- Your Role: Support the underwriting team in due diligence and execution of investments. Perform analytics and benchmarking to evaluate Private Equity funds, perform diligence and modeling for co-investments, write investment recommendation memos and help to monitor managers' performance.
- Skills you'll develop: Private Equity and company investment research and analytics and extensive investment committee presentation and financial writing skills.
- Global Hedge Management – Be part of a team that provides comprehensive hedging solutions and efficient trade execution across multiple hedge programs for CIO by developing and utilizing capital markets acumen and liability knowledge
- Your Role: Evaluating comprehensive hedging solutions and supporting efficient trade execution. Reviewing and communicating hedging results to key stakeholders.
- Skills you’ll develop: derivative pricing and strategy, market analysis tools (Bloomberg), quantitative analysis, programming (SQL and VBA), Tableau
- Global Portfolio Management – Be part of a team responsible for ALM, including portfolio construction and asset allocation for Prudential’s global insurance portfolios
- Your Role: Developing and implementing investment strategies and asset allocations. Collaborating across the enterprise with business units, PGIM, and corporate functional partners
- Skills you’ll develop: capital markets expertise, fixed-income and portfolio modeling, market analytics/data visualization, research and presentation skills
- Portfolio Strategy Group – Be part of a team that works closely with portfolio strategists and managers, asset management units, the Alternative Assets Group, Impact Investments, ALM Strategy & Analytics, as well as corporate functions to implement portfolio initiatives and relative value analysis, analyze portfolio performance, and lead the development of policies
- Your Role: Analyzing portfolio performance compared to benchmarks.
- Skills you’ll develop: performance attribution, portfolio analysis, market data management, Tableau
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
- Preferred majors include highly quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science, finance, actuarial sciences or a similarly quantitative subject area.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.