Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ 2021 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Summer Analyst (Internship): Prudential
About the position
2021 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Summer Analyst (Internship): Prudential
Location(s): Newark, NJ
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of capital markets, data analysis, and investments to inform business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting internship program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the investment community? If you are results driven, have a passion for working with numbers, and are deeply technical and highly innovative, then Prudential’s Chief Investment Office (CIO) Internship is the role for you!
ALM Strategy & Analytics – Be part of the team responsible for research and development of tools for ALM analysis, strategy decision, and management reporting in addition to maintaining liability valuation and attribution models
- Your Role: Financial modeling with a focus on asset and liability modeling, including scenario analysis.
- Skills you’ll develop: quantitative data analysis, mathematical modeling, programming
- Alternative Assets Group (Investment Risk Team) – Be part of a team responsible for monitoring and managing investment risk across the AAG’s $11 billion of portfolio assets spanning across private equity, real estate, and hedge fund strategies.
- Your Role: Help build out analytical risk infrastructure and tools to assist AAG Risk Team. Automate investment processes, risk reports, and build databases to enhance team’s ability to manage alternative asset risk.
- Skills you’ll develop: Investment/market data research, quantitative analysis, Advanced Excel/database (SQL) experience
Global Hedge Management – Be part of a team that provides comprehensive hedging solutions and efficient trade execution across multiple hedge programs for CIO by developing and utilizing capital markets acumen and liability knowledge
- Your Role: Evaluating comprehensive hedging solutions and supporting efficient trade execution. Reviewing and communicating hedging results to key stakeholders.
- Skills you’ll develop: derivative pricing and strategy, market analysis tools (Bloomberg), quantitative analysis, programming (SQL and VBA), Tableau
Global Portfolio Management – Be part of a team responsible for ALM, including portfolio construction and asset allocation for Prudential’s global insurance portfolios
- Your Role: Developing and implementing investment strategies and asset allocations. Collaborating across the enterprise with business units, PGIM, and corporate functional partners
- Skills you’ll develop: capital markets expertise, fixed-income and portfolio modeling, market analytics/data visualization, research and presentation skills
Portfolio Strategy Group – Be part of a team that works closely with portfolio strategists and managers, asset management units, the Alternative Assets Group, Impact Investments, ALM Strategy & Analytics, as well as corporate functions to implement portfolio initiatives and relative value analysis, analyze portfolio performance, and lead the development of policies
- Your Role: Analyzing portfolio performance compared to benchmarks.
- Skills you’ll develop: performance attribution, portfolio analysis, market data management, Tableau
Additional Program Highlights:
- Highly competitive compensation & sign on-bonus stipends. Compensation is commensurate with experience and all placements are in our Newark, NJ headquarters.
- New networks and new friends await! Social activities and networking events with fellow CIO interns and other interns across Prudential. The CIO Internship program is one piece of a much larger enterprise wide program that is made up of over 300 interns across the US.
- As an intern, you will be paired with a mentor from the Chief Investment Office group. He/she will be there to help guide you along your journey throughout your summer experience.
- The goal of this Program is to identify top talent for our selective full-time CIO Analyst Program. The full-time program is three years in length and focuses on grooming future leaders for Prudential.
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2021 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2021 and May 2023
- Preferred majors include highly quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science, finance, actuarial sciences or a similarly quantitative subject area.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.