Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Associate Manager, Portfolio Administration
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management including $388 billion in institutional assets, $179 billion in retail assets, and $353 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
The Accounting and Performance team within PGIM Fixed Income works in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate should have knowledge of various Fixed Income products and understand portfolio accounting and performance concepts. The candidate should also be a self-starter who can take a vision and create solutions using adept problem-solving abilities. Teamwork is paramount as the candidate would be asked to contribute to strategic initiatives and project work. The primary responsibilities include analyzing monthly portfolio returns generated for our clients, assisting with maintaining our benchmark data from our vendors, performing Net Asset Value (NAV) reconciliations, and help the team with data requests and reports. This position may also require supervision of a small team.
What You Will Do:
- Work within our team to produce and verify portfolio returns and NAVs across our different products
- Maintain our process around benchmark returns as provided from our vendors, including ad hoc requests supporting RFPs and client requests
- Analyze current processes and identify areas needed for improvement and working on projects
- Support day-to-day business issues
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business
- 3+ years in a performance and/or an accounting related role; experience working within an Asset Manager is a plus but not required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve issues independently while also being responsible for a small team of analysts
- Knowledge of general performance and accounting principles
- Familiarity with vendor provided benchmarks, such as JP Morgan, Citigroup, and Bloomberg Barclays, is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization
- Candidates should be able to collaborate with others, be able to multitask effectively, communicate clearly and have strong attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science preferred but degree in other fields also will be considered
- Pursuit or completion of advanced degree and/or designation (CFA, CIPM) preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.