Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Associate Manager, Collateral Management & Servicing
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, Amsterdam, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2020, the firm has $868 billion of assets under management including $348 billion in institutional assets, $174 billion in retail assets, and $346 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The Associate Manager, Trade Management – Collateral Management & Servicing is responsible for
direct supervision of a team while providing operational, research, and analytical support to the PGIM
Fixed Income businesses for derivative products (i.e. Swaps, Futures, FX, and Options). This individual
is responsible for increasing organizational capabilities through efficiencies and scale. Coaching, developing and leading by example will be some of the expectations of this individual with respect to talent management.
The team is responsible for the monitoring and settlement of daily collateral activities with numerous
counterparties across multiple product types. The team also performs regulatory reporting of positions, valuations and collateral to multiple international jurisdictions. In addition, the team works closely with internal Operations teams, portfolio managers, and broker dealers.
The Associate Manager is expected to anticipate issues that may introduce risk, cause errors and
adversely affect the performance of our clients and funds. Associate will also provide support to the team in solving problems and incorporating new processes to mitigate risk.
Associate is expected to have knowledge of derivatives as well as previous supervisory experience
Qualifications & Skills:
• Derivative product knowledge
• Regulatory reporting experience
• Supervisory experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Solid understanding & appreciation of business risk & operational controls
• Basic project management skills
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong desire to learn and develop others
• Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated & able to work within a team environment
• Able to absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intense environment
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office & business applications
• Degree in Economics, Finance or Business preferred
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Prior Derivative Product experience required
• Regulatory Reporting experience is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience supporting fixed income products or relevant experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.