Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Manager, Operational Client Support
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, Amsterdam, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2020, the firm has $868 billion of assets under management including $348 billion in institutional assets, $174 billion in retail assets, and $346 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
PGIM Fixed Income Operations is responsible for providing first class operational support to the PGIM Fixed Income business, an affiliate of the primary public fixed income asset management business of PGIM Inc. PGIM is one of the largest global fixed income managers, with headquarters in the United States (Newark, NJ) and offices in London, Ireland, Tokyo and Singapore.
The business analyst position in Operations is primarily responsible for analyzing business processes and practices. Based on their findings associate will be responsible for developing improvement and enhancement solutions to reduce costs and create additional capacity. The individual will be expected to utilize knowledge and expertise of internal and external technology to accomplish these goals.
- Support the Operations team and management in the execution of various strategic priorities
- Responsible for collaborating with subject matter experts to collect business requirements, analyze information and create current and future state workflow diagrams
- Evaluate business challenges and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Identify causes of poor data quality and work with Senior Management to implement solutions and communicate changes to stakeholders
- Coordinate with technical team and end users to ensure system releases meet anticipated results and aid teams in maximizing operational benefit while mitigating risk
- Prepare documentation and execute training for business users on new systems and/or business process tools.
- Create use case diagrams/test scenarios and develop test plans to be used in testing new applications
- Collaborate and respond to complex requests from internal stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in a related field
• 5+ years of experience in an analytical role; business operations or strategy a plus
• Experience supporting Fixed Income workflows within a buy-side institution
• Proven Project Management work
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly adaptable and thrive in ambiguous situations working both independently and, on a team,
• Familiarity with business proficiency tools and/or systems used to support functional workflows and business communication (i.e. One Drive, Sharepoint, Symphony, etc.)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft business applications (i.e. Excel)
• Ability to build and leverage relationships with both internal and external business partners to achieve desired goals
• Experience with managing complex business relationships, scheduling and leading meetings, and identifying appropriate escalation points
• Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent work streams
• Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
• Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.