Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Fund Accountant
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
The Daily Administration team within PGIM’s Global Portfolio Administration group is a newly formed team that works in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate should have knowledge of various fixed income products and be proficient in performing reconciliations. The candidate should also be a self-starter who can take a vision and create solutions using adept problem-solving abilities. The primary responsibilities include daily cash, position, and NAV reconciliations as well as maintaining an open dialogue with various internal and external business partners.
What You Will Do:
• Reconciling cash, custody holdings and NAVs daily between our internal record keeping system, Aladdin, and the custodian banks/fund accountants
• Independently researching and resolving discrepancies identified by the reconciliations and issues discovered through quality controls for internal accounting data
• Proactively communicating issues to relevant business partners
• Assuming ownership for issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to upstream and downstream teams
• Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the portfolios and acting to reduce the risk of recurrence
• Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies
• Handling ad hoc requests from trading desks, operations teams, custodians, and fund accountants in a timely fashion
• Two years of work experience supporting custody operations, fund accounting or daily NAV processing
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, Finance, Accounting or Economics major preferred
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Able to organize, prioritize tasks and take accountability
• Strong work ethic and ability to work within a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of fixed income products preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, VBA skill preferred
• Experience using Blackrock’s Aladdin applications, Bloomberg, and DTC preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.