Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Analyst, Derivative Operations
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets.
The Derivative Operations Analyst is responsible for providing trade floor operational support to the PGIM Fixed Income business. This includes acting as the primary liaison and communication conduit between the portfolio management team and the operations team. The individual in this role is knowledgeable in operational support requirements, fixed income products, fx, and derivatives.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating trade flow processes and ensuring trades are entered into the system
- Serving as primary liaison between the portfolio management and operations teams
- Providing timely resolution to operational issues raised by the portfolio management team
- Actively researching/resolving trade discrepancies with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring daily reports and cashflows
- Performing daily reconciliation to ensure trade activity has been accurately captured
- Gathering and/or analyzing key metrics with regards to activity
- Help develop departmental policies, guidelines and procedures
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of all derivative products and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported
- Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas of PGIM
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of middle office derivatives experience strongly preferred
- Skills in: Excel, V-LookUp, Pivot Tables, Macro building a plus
- Strong knowledge of derivative products and/or other fixed income products and investment strategies
Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to oversee both production and projects
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Solid understanding of application of business risk & operational controls
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.