Communications/Public Relations - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, External Communications
About the position
The Global Communications team directs internal employee and external communications efforts to ensure the company's messages are aligned and delivered in accordance with Prudential’s goals and policies. To best partner with our businesses, we are expanding our Communications team which supports Individual Solutions. If you are a professional who thrives on driving integrated engagement strategies that help shape how external audiences understand and perceive the company's global income and protection story, consumer positioning, and overall differentiation in the marketplace.
- Construct public relations campaigns to promote the role of investment, income and insurance products in securing and protecting consumers’ financial wellness.
- Position senior executives as thought leaders in the industry, while demonstrating Prudential’s deep bench strength and commitment to diversity and societal purpose – all of which support the organization’s recruiting strategies.
- Manage key projects, including but not limited to strategic plans and calendar creation, media research and insights, communications and marketing material creation, competitive tracking, metrics, and multi-media outreach (earned, owned, social).
- Provide “outside-in” perspective to inform external communications programming and storylines.
- Cultivate media relationships and manage media interview opportunities in support of business strategies.
- Develop editorial content – written, audio and video—that can be leveraged across Prudential’s internal communication properties, as well as to enrich external communication efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of academic rigor; Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public relations/communications with an understanding of editorial, business and media cycles.
- Public Relations Agency experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Financial Services products and services is a plus.
- Experience developing and writing multi-channel content including social media; digital content strategy, management and storytelling.
- Experience in and ability to develop and manage relationships with media targets and reporters.
- Executive presence with an ability to work effectively and collaboratively within complex organizations. Teamwork a must.
- Clear, concise and engaging writing ability. Written portfolio samples required.
- Experience communicating ideas through written or verbal communications, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Campaign orientation with experience in supporting business objectives through communications that drive awareness and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage simultaneously longer-term strategic assignments and immediate needs to produce high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to synthesize complex subject matter, translating technical subjects into relatable storylines.
- Critical and creative thinker. Apply intellectual curiosity to all aspects of the role.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.