Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Financial Reporting Specialist
About the position
Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
As part of the Corporate Controllers Department and the CFO Organization of PFI, the Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization is responsible for the controllership activities in support of the U.S. business units including the International activities performed domestically. The Accounting & Analysis team is a multi-site team co-located in Hartford and Newark supporting monthly, quarterly and annual close processes covering GAAP and STAT, including reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and income statement drivers such as product accounting, actuarial drivers, reinsurance and intercompany. The team provides subject matter expertise around accounting and GL structures to our business and corporate partners on new initiatives, strategies or accounting requirements. This role will support several PGIM International Finance Units.
Remote work available.
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Specialist role are as follows:
- Partner with PGIM Controllers, local country finance teams and Corporate areas in support of monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger close cycles
- Provide support across the Accounting and Analysis team in support of various asset management business unit general ledger close activities, including analysis of BU results
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations and supporting analysis for various balance sheet and income statement drivers
- Identify, research and resolve notable variances and unreconciled items related to close responsibilities
- Collaborate closely across FSS in support of Financial Reporting requirements, subsidiary financial statements and analysis
- Support quarterly/annual internal and external audit requirements
- Continuously identify process efficiencies and improve effectiveness
- Assist in special projects, initiatives and ad-hoc report and analysis requests
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA a plus)
- 3-7 years of financial reporting experience or related field
- Knowledge of GAAP and STAT accounting principles
- Knowledge of Asset Management industry a plus
- Knowledge of impacts of foreign currency a plus
- Experience with Prudential Financial Systems preferred but not required (Oracle, Essbase etc)
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver; strategic thinker
- Highly motivated, proactive, detail oriented
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.