Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Delivery Manager, Systems Development
About the position
The Actuarial & Finance Technology (AFT) group is part of the Corporate IT organization. AFT provides business and technical support across a broad range of actuarial and financial systems for the Enterprise. We are seeking an energetic and motivated Manager of Systems Development to be responsible for leading the world-class delivery of our Financial Systems Architecture.
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come grow your career with us! You would be responsible for leading, implementing, communicating and driving the delivery components of multiple projects or programs across multiple business and functional units as it relates to the Financial Systems Architecture (financial ledger, reporting, forecasting, payment systems, proof & control and actuarial systems). This will include managing both development and technology resources to drive the strategy across the Financial Management’s line of business. You would also responsible for defining the architecture review process and leading the effective integration of it with other related business and IT processes.
• Work closely with the functional and systems management teams to establish technology vision and determine technology, information and application strategies and long-term plans.
• Identify and develop tools based on solutions usable across the various lines of business within Financial Management.
• Understand, advocate and support the company business strategies and lead the evolution of technology architecture, analyzing and adopting technologies to provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
• Define high level technology strategies, establishes processes to select architecture standards, develop best practices for planning, development and integration.
• Anticipate to technology industry market trend changes to determine potential impact and opportunities, leading to adoption of new and emerging technologies to maintain leadership in the competitive landscape.
• Team with internal stakeholders to meet unique technological needs or ensure client/platform meets technical readiness requirements.
• Lead technology optimization and rationalization efforts and leverage existing investments by reuse or consolidation.
• Manage the ongoing expansion and utilization of the Enterprise Systems & Services’ DevOps Pipeline by:
o continuing the research, evaluation and implementation of additional tooling relevant to our current and future installation footprint.
o work with systems and functional partners in keeping them abreast of our on-going enhancements with our installation.
o Worked with Prudential’s Global Enterprise Pipeline team in integrating components of their DevOps CI/CD processes with AFT’s DevOps instance.
• Embedded IT – an extension of the Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) reporting and information delivery organizations, the candidate will lead the technical teams to assist Finance associates in better leveraging and using the information, tools and capabilities within the Financial Systems Architecture.
• 7-10 years of relevant systems architecture experience with a broad background in software engineering, managing mission critical enterprise systems and leading a large transformational initiative across a business organization.
• Proficiency a plus with experience working with DevOps architecture and tooling including GitLab/Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory, FlexDeploy, Sonarqube, and Checkmarx. Familiarity with DevOps services from Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure also a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and organizational management.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.