Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Systems and Application Administrator
About the position
Prudential’s Actuarial and Financial Technology (AFT) team is actively seeking a Systems and Application Administrator responsible for installing, implementing and supporting the Financial Systems Architecture (including general ledger, reporting, forecasting, payment, proof & control and actuarial systems).
Financial Systems Architecture (FSA) is a globally utilized system by Prudential’s business and 3rd party partners. The systems administrator must have a strong and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks and will be part of the AFT Infrastructure team responsible for managing the technology components of FSA.
- Installation/configuration of: Oracle-based products such as WebLogic 12c, Business Intelligence 11g/12c, Spend Analytics, Coherence, eBusiness Suite 12c, Essbase, Data Relationship Management (DRM), and Enterprise Management 13c.
- 3rd party vendor products such as Corptax/CorpSales, DPC Tax Calculator, Frontier, FSI Track, Gateway Treasury Workstation, Informatica, OBERO, Parking Access Revenue Systems (PARCS), SAS IFRS, Vanderbilt Access Control as well as Opensource offerings such as Wildfly and Ignite.
- Partnering with: Prudential’s Global Business Technology & Systems’ (GBTS) teams for on-going connectivity between our FSA and the GBTS’ services it requires including Active Directory, CA Autosys/PAM, IBM Webseal, Managed File Transfer, NetBackup, ServiceNow and Splunk.
- Financial Management Business information Office (FM BISO) and Prudential’s Information Office (ISO) for on-going compliance re-certification/remediation as it relates to our FSA platform.
- Ensure the design of the system allows all components to work properly together and make recommendations for future upgrades or alternatives to current implementation.
- On-going evaluation and modification of FSA components to assure optimal performance expectations.
- Provide technical support for the FSA systems development and operations support teams.
- Documenting any process which developers and GBTS partners may need in order to successfully install and work with our FSA system.
- 5 years of relevant systems administration experience in the listed responsibilities above and a broad background in working with mission critical enterprise systems.
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows systems.
- Big plus with experience working with cloud service providers such as Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Big plus with container experience working on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong interpersonal and demonstratable organizational management skills.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.