Real Estate - Arlington, VA PGIM Real Estate - Investment Analyst (Affordable Housing)
About the position
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with $179.2 billion in gross assets under management and administration1, PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. PGIM Real Estate is a business of PGIM, the $1.3 trillion global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU).
PGIM Real Estate’s rigorous risk management, seamless execution, and extensive industry insights are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing 2, and the deep local expertise of professionals in 31 cities globally. Through its investment, financing, asset management, and talent management approach, PGIM Real Estate engages in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. For more information visit www.pgimrealestate.com.
PGIM Real Estate’s US Debt and Agriculture business is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders and originates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients, and other third party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
1As of December 31, 2019. Includes US$37.1 billion in AUA.
2Includes legacy lending through PGIM’s parent company, PFI.
• An exciting opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of financial, credit, real estate underwriting, real estate valuation, analytical, marketing and presentation skills
• The chance to work with and learn directly from experts in the field of Commercial Real Estate
• Development of modeling and analytical skills
• Direct interaction with senior members of the team, senior management, clients and co-investors
What you will do:
• Work as part of a Real Estate Investment team to provide in-depth analysis of potential real estate transactions across a variety of capital sources. This particular team is focused on originating affordable debt for properties across the country.
• Perform financial modeling and analysis of potential real estate transactions
• Track and report information relevant to real estate transactions
• Interact professionally both internally and externally with senior management, originators, borrowers and investors
• Provide superior analytical support to senior members of the team on a wide variety of assignments
A bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate business program with a concentration/major in finance and/or real estate
- 1-3 years of work experience, with knowledge of/exposure to Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac.
- Prior experience with affordable housing a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac multifamily mortgage business is preferred
- Outstanding communication, team work and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) & ability to learn new applications
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.