Communications/Public Relations - Newark (NJ), NJ Video Engineer
About the position
· Provide audiovisual and videoconference technical support for broad, high level and complex multimedia and broadcast events in conference rooms and event spaces; provide expertise and guidance to clients and colleagues, and technical and operational feedback to engineering and management
· Work with and provide backup support to Pru Productions Engineer-in-Charge for broadcast video facility
Role and Responsibilities
· Set up, operate and strike conference room systems including varying types of microphones and sound amplification and mixing systems, data/video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, video switching, robotic camera systems, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
· Operate audio board, place microphones on presenters, maintain proper sound levels during meetings
· Perform AV equipment troubleshooting and testing prior to and during meetings
· Set up and operate professional broadcast cameras for recording, streaming, and video conferencing
· Extensive knowledge of projection systems, graphic presentation software like PowerPoint, and hardware, as well as image scaling on various display types, environments and sizes
· Versed in the set up and operation of various audio systems, including automated and manual mixers, and a wide variety of audio sources, such as computer audio and/or CD/DVD playback
· Advise staff producers, Technical Directors, Production Managers, Event Managers and others of all and any asset limitations of meeting spaces as applicable
· Report system anomalies, equipment problems, customer relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise to appropriate colleagues and supervisors at Pru Productions
· Monitor the condition of all equipment, perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex A/V hardware problems; recommend and implement corrective solutions under supervision of the Engineer-in-Charge
· Research and develop new AV and broadcast solutions in coordination with the Engineer-in-Charge and members of the Pru Productions team
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of A/V and broadcast equipment and document changes, updates, and upgrades to existing installations
· Make recommendations for A/V and broadcast products in support of procurement and development efforts
· Support the Pru Productions Engineer-in-Charge and fill-in as needed for ongoing operation and maintenance of television, remote video and audio equipment, and video editing suites
· Excellent customer service skills and professional presence
· Strong understanding of all phases of event, video production and post-production
· Knowledge of DSPs, signal flow and routing, AV controllers and installed audio-visual systems
· Strong knowledge of current broadcast and AV industry practices, standards and procedures
· High level of problem-solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems
· Extensive experience with video and audio systems, lighting equipment, computers, and device control systems
· Familiarity with computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP)
· Familiarity with ProTools and other audio software applications.
· Ability to read and create wiring diagrams, CAD drawings and schematics
· Solid work ethic – Patience and Exceptional Customer Service skills.
· Ability to report for early morning and/or evening assignments as required
· General electrical knowledge (LV and analog signal)
· Can thrive in an environment where priorities shift on a dime and schedule changes quickly
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Video/Audio/Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with electronics training and related experience
· 6+ years experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of auditorium, theater, broadcast, and hotel environments
· The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
· Candidate must be capable of working at heights and have good balance
· Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.