Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Lead Java Developer
About the position
The Actuarial & Finance Technology (AFT) group is a part of the Corporate IT organization. AFT provides business and technical support across a broad range of actuarial and financial systems for the Enterprise. We are seeking a energetic, diligent and motivated Manager of Systems Development to be part of a team responsible for the full software development lifecycle of various Reporting and Financial Data Warehouse application initiatives
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come join our team and grow your career with us! Your responsibilities on our team will include:
• Manage a group of software developers, providing them with expertise in delivering software development solutions and suggesting new innovative ways of addressing application specifications.
• Conduct analysis of user requirements and document technical specifications, ensuring that the approach is in line with best practice standards and technologies.
• Recommend system solutions by identifying key advantages and disadvantages of existing processes and how a new implementation would address shortcomings.
• Participate in the full software development cycle by coordinating requirements and contributing to team meetings.
• Continuously update your skills and knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; and participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance our organization’s reputation by taking ownership of and accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value.
• 7+ years of experience with Oracle technologies, particularly with developing applications using Java and SQL.
• Bachelors (or higher) degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline required.
• Proven knowledge of Java/J2EE development.
• In-depth understanding of SQL, database object modeling and performance tuning (Oracle preferred).
• Understanding of Oracle Essbase and Business Intelligence preferred, including ODI and Spend Analytics.
• Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS or similar technologies.
• Thorough understanding of Cloud technologies and interfacing with Cloud applications via API.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented design concepts and design patterns.
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies and test-driven development practices.
• Experience with Business Intelligence platforms and OLAP tools is a plus.
• Familiarity with service-oriented architectures and data warehousing.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Driven, self-motivated, flexible, able to multitask and work under pressure. Must be willing to accept and learn new technologies as needed
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.