Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ | PAManager Expense Transformation
About the position
The Enterprise Expense Transformation (EET) Team is seeking action-oriented individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong decision-making abilities to join one of the Expense Transformation workstreams. The EET team is responsible for improving current processes and tools across the Cost Optimization and Performance Measurement (COPM) finance groups.
This role will support the Compensation and Workforce Planning workstream within the Enterprise Expense Transformation. A successful candidate will be part of a small team and partner with subject matter experts and technology associates to ideate, design, develop, and implement a transformed Compensation and Workforce Planning process. This will include redefining the finance business practices, building the operational process, developing the technology platform, and executing the roll out to the organization. The development must be inclusive of the needs of both Domestic and Internationally based businesses. This individual will also need to stay in close coordination with the other transformation work streams to optimize the connectivity between future tools and business processes. The project will encompass managing aspects of finance, technology, project management, and people management.
This role will help to coordinate and lead a small team (2-4) of volunteer associates from BU and Corporate COPM departments.
This busy periods in this job will not be cyclical, but will be based on the peaks of deliverables, milestones, and hurdles that are needed to push the project over the finish line. Some of the busy times may be predictable, while others may not.
The characteristics below describe our ideal candidate:
1. Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Future State Vision, Present Day Action - Able to keep the long run goals in sight while tackling and overcoming the day to day deliverables and challenges.
- Creative Problem Solver - Evaluates situations from all angles, does not shy away from out of the box solutions that have not been attempted before.
- Motivated Self Starter - Enthusiastic about tackling challenges and leads the way on getting the ball rolling.
2. Versatile Communicator and Collaborator
- Flexible and Adaptable - Able to flex their style of communication and find new ways to partner to build a cohesive team and maintain progress.
- High Awareness - Understands how different individuals and groups will react to changes and anticipates future.
- Persuasive - Able to get team members and business partners on board with the vision and execution of transformation objectives.
3. Intelligent Risk Taker and Decision Maker
- Intelligent Risk Taker - Evaluates situations, understands the challenges, takes the necessary risks to get the project past milestones and over the finish line.
- Decisive – Can make project level decisions that will be instrumental in keeping pace and setting the stage for future actions.
- Takes Ownership - Takes responsibility for the project as if it was their own business.
4. Low Ego Leadership
- Authentic, Thoughtful, Fair, and High Integrity - Treats everyone as equal, listens to different perspectives, and establishes an inclusive environment.
- Optimistic – Remains positive and inspiring during difficult situations, and drives others to be a part of the solution.
- Embraces Humility – Understands that this job is not about knowing the right answer, it's about finding the right answer.
5-7 years of well diversified and dynamic experience in a corporate environment.
Advanced degree and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
Knowledge of Anaplan is a plus.
Experience with Technology implementation and using appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively is a plus.
Experience with GAAP accounting, Financial Statement Analysis and Financial Modeling.
Experience with developing and facilitating Executive Presentations.
Excellent project management, analytical, and interpersonal
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.