Data Analytics - Newark (NJ), NJ Senior Manager, People Analytics
About the position
The Senior Manager, People Analytics is a data scientist and key member of the Employee Insights team, supporting all areas of HR, including Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Employee & Capability Development, and HR Business Partners. This is an opportunity for a self-starter to help evolve Employee Insights at Prudential by integrating advanced data analytics into the services delivered and thereby expanding and enhancing the predictive insights generated. Your primary goal is to enable data-driven decisions.
- Use data science to increase evidence-based talent decisions in HR
- Collaborate in shaping/establishing talent analytics strategy
- Partner with HR COE leaders to scope business challenges that can be solved through talent analytics
- Design and execute methodologies and analytical plans (for both structured and unstructured data)
- Integrate and analyze large-scale data sets from HR systems and other sources to help identify critical people issues; understand and enhance our people processes, programs and policies; and drive improvements
- Perform statistical analysis, data mining and predictive modeling to solve complex issues and "tell the story" about our people
- Develop forecasting tools (e.g., probability of success in new roles, retention of critical talent, modeling/scaling optimal staffing levels)
- Develop workforce planning and forecasts; identify key metrics to monitor performance of workforce plans in alignment with business and COE strategy
- Utilize data visualization tools and techniques to translate analysis into insightful data narratives; prepare customized and standardized reporting
- Share findings and explain advanced analyses in a way that makes sense to audiences less familiar with statistics and data analysis
- Provide thought leadership and monitoring of tools, algorithms and visualization techniques; help set standards and establish appropriate protocols, technology and tools to be used across the Employee Insights team (e.g., AI, predictive analytics, etc.)
- Develop and manage external expert and vendor partnerships, as appropriate
- Develop and manage internal partnerships to support data quality controls and ensure access to all internal and external data bases where appropriate
This role requires a skill set that combines data science, data analysis, quantitative & qualitative research, project management, storytelling with data and HR subject matter expertise.
- BS/BA Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Information Management etc.). Advanced degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in workforce/people/HR analytics
- Expert in using scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data
- Proficient in statistical software package(s) (e.g., SAS, SPSS, data query tools, SQL, Python, R) as well as Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Visier, Power BI)
- Proven success in developing analytics and dashboards to share meaningful data
- Strong knowledge of people data (e.g., headcount, turnover, recruiting); familiarity with Workday a plus
- Experience with guiding and managing the acquisition and organization of data
- Experience advising/presenting to executive stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to tell stories with data and explain technical subject-matter
- Self-directed with strong project management skills
- Collaboration, relationship building, and influencing skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.