Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Planning & Analysis
About the position
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-starting talent with strong leadership, communication, financial, analytical and management skills to join the RAS Finance team. The Manager, RAS Finance (Planning & Analysis will offer visibility to all levels of management and provide a big picture understanding of Retail Advice & Solutions distribution and its economics. The Manager position will contribute to the successful execution of the RAS strategy and drive the review, analysis and will forecast the economics of the distribution channels within RAS. This team player will be involved in strategic projects from start to finish, will influence and build strategic business cases and will assist, from a financial perspective, in the launch of new and innovative business initiatives. The successful candidate will interact frequently with business partners in RAS, ISG Strategy, ILI Distribution, Product, Marketing, Actuarial, Pricing, Human Resources and other areas within Finance. This position will report to the Director, Retail Advice & Solutions Finance with direct exposure to the Vice President/CFO, Retail Advice & Solutions Finance.
The Retail Advice & Solutions (RAS) Finance team has responsibility for:
- Providing our Distribution partners with insightful and actionable analytics to help drive our growth strategy, enable effective decision making, drive strategic thinking and support management’s understanding of our financial results
- Develop monthly and quarterly sales forecasts, key drivers, analytics and annual sales planning through collaboration with business partners
- Monthly and quarterly management reporting, including preparation and analysis of sales, revenue, variable distribution expenses and business drivers in support of the overall forecast and Quarterly results package.
- Fostering partnerships with distribution channel leads and their teams as well as our partners in Product and Service Delivery.
- Work closely with our business partners to ensure success in achieving their strategic growth including maintaining a strong cost discipline across all functions
- Developing and supporting various distribution strategy business cases for new initiatives
- Identify efficiencies and process improvements, enhancing controls and documentation to allow more time for insightful analytics
- Support Business Unit, Corporate and Enterprise initiatives
- Enhancing talent and bench strength through employee development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion
- Serve as a financial and strategic partner and thought leader to the President of RAS and his organization including strategic partnership across ISG, PGIM, Group, Retirement, Financial Wellness, Assurance IQ, the Customer Office and Corporate functions.
- Oversight of all sales reporting, forecasting, planning and analysis across RAS including:
- Conduct detailed reporting and forecasting of all Life sales, Annuity sales and Investment AUM and resulting economics for all retail conversion mechanisms across Prudential Advisors, Digital & Hybrid channels
- Establish sales reporting for Digital and Hybrid and consolidated RAS reporting
- Monitor, track and measure progress of lead program profitability and effectiveness
- Mature/Create leads reporting ecosystem and tracking of sales back to where customer came into our funnel
- Evaluate Channel and Leads program profitability
- Drive greater transparency/accountability of decisions & outcomes using various financial measurement tools such as AOI and Value of New Business and In-force AOI
- Support RAS business partners and RAS initiatives in collaboration with the Transformation Office; may include WAVE submissions and Business Case Development
- Support the RAS Monthly Financial Update presentation to the leadership team, CEO of USB’s as well as Board presentations.
- Collaborate with Finance & Business partners to drive effective expense management, identify synergies and guide decisions for additional investments.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA or CPA a plus)
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience
- Self-starter and creative/strategic thinker with an outcome-orientation and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to succeed both independently and as part of team
- Prior experience in Planning & Analysis and/or Financial reporting of business line results
- Prior experience leading and developing teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to influence indirect reporting relationships and business partners
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet deadlines
- Strong technical skills computing in Excel; articulate in telling a strategic story via Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods to deliver on outcomes on time/effectively
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.