Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Financial Analyst
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management including $388 billion in institutional assets, $179 billion in retail assets, and $353 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The primary responsibility of the Analyst is to maintain the highest quality of indicative data, market pricing, and analytical values for fixed income securities in order to ensure a first-class risk management process. Analysts will develop expertise in a wide range of fixed income securities including, Treasury, Agency, MBS, CMBS, CMOs, ABS, Investment Grade Corporates, High Yield Corporates, Bank Loans, Emerging Markets Debt, Global Non-Dollar Securities, Derivatives, Municipals, and Money Market Instruments. The successful Analyst will effectively balance daily functions with numerous ad-hoc requests. These requests generally include portfolio, benchmark, peer, market, and economic data collection and analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Learning and understanding in detail many different product types within the fixed income market as well as the different risk characteristics associated with each product
- Reviewing and verifying that fixed income securities are set up properly for trading and ongoing maintenance
- Interacting closely with Portfolio Analysts in performing analysis on a security and portfolio level.
- Monitoring and reviewing security updates that arrive from various data sources for accuracy
- Reviewing new sources of security master data, as well as collecting and reviewing manual sources of data, including prospectuses, private placement memorandums, offering memorandums, remittance reports and the broker dealer community
- Reviewing data integrity reports for missing data components and monitoring security master changes for accuracy
- Review relevant Fixed Income indices for pricing and modeling accuracy. Review monthly for relevant changes to portfolio benchmarks
- Researching the impact of data and/or price changes on the risk attributes of a security or portfolio
- Contributing as part of a team that will often consist of all levels of the Firm. Innovative ideas and input are expected and sought from everyone involved
Two years or more of fixed income experience, with proven knowledge of a product area and its processes
Strong ability to independently identify and resolve workflow issues or unusual problems
High attention to detail
Understands complex data structures and the implication of processes on other groups and downstream systems
Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work and/or internship experience and demonstrated leadership qualities
Works well as part of a team
Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
Possesses excellent communication skills
Possesses excellent creative, analytical, and computer (e.g., Excel) skills. Visual Basic skills are a plus
Has a passion for financial markets, products, and the investment management process
Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
Undergraduate degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related field of study
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.