Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ 2021 Fixed Income Credit Research Development Analyst Program: PGIM
About the position
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you a rising senior looking to apply your business knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At PGIM that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a member of our Fixed Income Developmental Analyst Program.
You will be a member of a cohort that leads corporate bond and leveraged finance portfolios for both the insurance company and external clients. After a formal training program, Analysts are partnered with a senior member of the research group covering companies in related industry sectors and will be an integral component of the portfolio construction process. In addition, you will participate in our signature learning & development program, PGIM Fixed Income University (PFIU), a classroom and interactive project-based curriculum designed to prepare first year Associates for their careers in fixed income.
As a Fixed Income Analyst, you will work in a collegial and supportive environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions, while placing equal importance on the results of the larger team. Analysts within PGIM FI are encouraged to share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining an environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
- Your day-to-day Analyst responsibilities include industry data collection & trend analysis, financial statement analysis, financial modeling & forecasting, assessment of business and financial strategy, and monitoring market movements through daily meetings with portfolio managers, economists, and strategists
- Working closely with a senior member of the research group, you will perform fundamental investment analysis, define value within issuer capital structures, across industry sectors, and communicate investment recommendations to portfolio managers
- Regular interaction with the management of issuing companies, industry consultants & specialists, and Wall Street counterparts
- The role offers growing responsibility as the Analyst’s experience and confidence grows
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, Amsterdam, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2020, the firm has $868 billion of assets under management including $348 billion in institutional assets, $174 billion in retail assets, and $346 billion in proprietary assets. Over 800 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Bachelor’s Degree Required: Graduating in May/June 2021. Majors include Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics
Overall 3.3+ GPA is required
At least one related internship is preferred
Strong analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2021 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.