Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Associate Manager, Onboarding
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management including $388 billion in institutional assets, $179 billion in retail assets, and $352 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The role of the PGIM Fixed Income Client Onboarding and Trading Documentation Group is to efficiently lead the client onboarding process, support the negotiation, maintenance and amendment of client and trading documentation and perform various other support functions related to client accounts and investors. PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering investment management services to various institutional clients and investors globally from our Newark, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Amsterdam and Hong Kong offices. This team works closely with PGIM Fixed Income’s Client Advisory Group, Product Team, Operations, Compliance, and Legal to ensure readiness for account and product launches.
The Associate Manager role has responsibility for supporting the day-to-day functions of the Account Support team and certain related activities. This associate will facilitate the onboarding of various account types including institutional single client accounts and various U.S. and non-U.S. commingled vehicles. This may include communicating with clients, facilitating internal account and investor set-up, maintaining certain client information as well as developing and communicating metrics on these activities with an emphasis on risk and control. The Associate Manager is responsible for the proper handling and oversight of the onboarding process, escalating issues to individual team leaders or senior management as needed and suggesting and/or facilitating solutions.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Facilitate the client onboarding process from start to finish
• Ensure timely and accurate communications and status updates regarding client onboardings
• Provide support with respect to changes in client status, name changes, transfer in kinds and client terminations
• Facilitate the handling of subscription & adoption agreements for fund investors
• Support responses to client inquiries regarding client agreements and derivative regulatory status
• Support RFP inquiries related to client agreements and onboarding documentation
• Maintain & share certain client information via IHS Markit or other approved platforms
• Assess opportunities to improve operational efficiencies on an on-going basis
• Develop management reporting and metrics
• Resolve and escalate issues proactively and in a timely manner
• Manage competing priorities
• Maintain a robust control environment and ensure compliance with onboarding processes
• Cultivate relationships with internal and external partners and service providers
• Support and/or lead projects and/or strategic initiatives
• Support ad-hoc duties as assigned
• Ideally 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably in financial services
• Knowledge of various investment products and client types
• Proven strong project management skills
• Proven ability to develop and cultivate working relationships
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to improve established processes
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent organization, communication (oral and written), and time management skills
• Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
• Must be team-oriented while being proactive and self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.