Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Client Documentation
About the position
About PGIM Fixed Income:
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management including $388 billion in institutional assets, $179 billion in retail assets, and $352 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The role of the PGIM Fixed Income Client Onboarding and Trading Documentation Group is to efficiently lead the client onboarding process, support the negotiation, maintenance and amendment of client and trading documentation and perform various other support functions related to client accounts and investors. PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering investment management services to various institutional clients and investors globally from our Newark, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Amsterdam and Hong Kong offices. This team works closely with PGIM Fixed Income’s Client Advisory Group, Product Team, Operations, Compliance, and Legal to ensure readiness for account and product launches.
The Director will be a member of the Client Documentation team that is responsible for reviewing and negotiating various client agreements, including investment management agreements, fund side letters and subscription agreements. This review facilitates the onboarding of various account types including institutional single client accounts and various U.S. and non-U.S. commingled vehicles. This associate is responsible for reviewing client agreements and documentation with the purpose of determining our ability to comply with the provisions and adherence to internal standards. In addition, the associate will be expected to identify client requests or contractual provisions that could present challenges for functional support teams and/or business risk to PGIM Fixed Income. The Director role is responsible for working with functional support teams on solutions and escalating issues to individual team leaders or senior management as needed. The Director role will not have direct reports.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Review of client documentation related to onboarding
- Identify non-standard client requests/contractual provisions and collaborate with the appropriate teams to address
- Ensure timely and accurate communications and status updates regarding client documentation as related to onboarding
- Support responses to inquiries regarding client documentation
- Support responses to RFP inquiries related to client documentation
Assess opportunities to improve operational efficiencies on an on-going basis
Develop management reporting and metrics
- Resolve and escalate issues proactively and in a timely manner
Manage competing priorities
- Maintain a robust control environment and ensure compliance with onboarding processes
- Train and facilitate knowledge sharing among members of the team
- Cultivate relationships with internal and external partners and service providers
- Support and/or lead projects and/or strategic initiatives
- Support ad-hoc duties as assigned
- 5-7 years relevant experience, preferably in financial services
- Knowledge of various investment products and client types
- Familiarity with issues involved in the investment management client onboarding process
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proven ability to improve established processes
- Ability to develop and cultivate strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and time management skills
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Must be team-oriented while being proactive and self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met
* Candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. PGIM, Inc. follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time These documents include but are not limited to the Investment Management Agreement (IMA), Investment Guidelines, Investor side letters and Trust agreements.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.