Communications/Public Relations - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Communications
About the position
Prudential is seeking a skilled communications professional to support Prudential’s international businesses. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, International Businesses, the Manager will develop and execute communications initiatives that clearly define and articulate the strategy and value of Prudential’s international businesses, both at a global level and in local markets across Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with colleagues across Global Communications and Prudential International to construct and execute insight-led communications strategies that advance business outcomes.
- Source and develop storylines and multimedia content, create and execute multi-layered communications plans to amplify these narratives and communications assets cross a mix internal, traditional, social, digital and earned media channels.
- Cultivate media relationships and manage media interview opportunities.
- Engage resources and centers of expertise within the Global Communications organization to quantify and deepen communications impact, improve decision support and drive outcomes.
- Develop executive communications programs that position senior executives and subject matter experts as thought leaders in the global industry.
- Assist with internal communications strategy to drive employee engagement and optimize executive positioning across Prudential’s international businesses.
- Develop and maintain strategic plans, project trackers, editorial calendars, media research projects, communications materials, competitive tracking and metrics reports.
- Provide "outside-in" perspectives to inform external communications programming and storylines.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of academic rigor, advanced degree in a relevant field of study is preferred, but not required with proven experience and track record of achievement.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, preferably within a global or multinational corporation, business consultancy, communications or marketing agency.
- Demonstrable track record of success in executing communications programs that span multiple geographical regions or markets.
- Experience working and living outside the U.S. a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of Financial Services products and services a plus.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely. Skilled in developing compelling content for multiple channels and formats, including social media.
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with media targets and reporters. Keen understanding of editorial, business and media cycles.
- Executive presence and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within complex organizations.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas via written or verbal communications, including PowerPoint presentations, and to synthesize complex subject matter, translating technical subjects into relatable storylines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, balancing immediate needs with longer-term strategic assignments to produce high-quality results in a timely manner.
- Critical and creative thinker. Ability to apply intellectual curiosity to all aspects of the role.
- Global worldview, broad knowledge of human capital, social, political and economic forces.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity.
- Problem solver.
- Enthusiastic collaborator.
- Analytical and lateral thinker.
- Comfortable with asking provocative questions and taking risk.
- Sense of humor is everything.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.