Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Financial Reporting
About the position
An outstanding and challenging opportunity as Manager, Financial Reporting, is available within the Individual Annuities Finance Team in Newark, NJ. This role works closely with business leaders and is charged with managing the controllership, assessing business profitability, financial reporting and other analysis activities for the Individual Annuities Business. This position oversees the reporting and analysis of quarterly and annual results on both a GAAP and Statutory basis and will support strategic initiatives. The individual will have exposure to teams across the enterprise, so must possess the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and businesses.
The Manager position will assume a leadership role, overseeing a staff of accounting and finance professionals and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and reviewing the quarterly AOI results review materials for senior management and assist in developing insightful analytics to clearly convey the financial performance of Annuities
- Preparing annual 15(C) Board Reporting package to assess mutual fund profitability
- Preparing and reviewing the quarterly Statutory results review analysis for senior management
- Analyzing key business earnings drivers, including insurance results, investment results and expense drivers
- Providing support and analysis for PFI SEC reporting (10K/10Q/MD&A)
- Supporting questions from Investor Relations and senior management in preparation for the quarterly earnings release
- Working closely with Finance Shared Services (FSS) and other business partners to coordinate various close processes
- Supporting key business priorities including the evolution of our risk management strategy
- Continuously identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by developing and implementing best practices
- Supporting numerous ad hoc requests for financial information from various corporate and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA preferable)
- Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and succinct way to peers and senior management
- Ability to work across teams and collaborate with others to drive execution
- GAAP and Statutory reporting experience in the insurance industry
- Strong understanding of insurance-related actuarial concepts
- Displays leadership skills and talent management awareness
- Identifies opportunities to better leverage existing and emerging technologies to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively
- Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.