Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Associate Business Analyst
About the position
The Actuarial & Finance Technology (AFT) group is a part of the Corporate IT organization. AFT provides business and technical support across a broad range of actuarial and financial systems for the Enterprise. We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst to be responsible for business analysis and project management for actuarial systems.
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come join our team and grow your career with us! Your responsibilities on our team will include:
• Supporting business analysis and project management activities for assigned projects
• Learning methodologies and tools required to assess and document business requirements, write functional specifications for model development/design, and conduct testing of the technical solutions
• Data and model analysis
• Reading, coding and debugging various models
• Developing test scripts
• College degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance preferred but not required – other analytics-oriented majors are acceptable
• 1-3 years’ experience in similar analyst role
• Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking and project skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with ambiguity, solve problems, and communicate root causes
• Understands priorities, recognizes deadlines, and accepts/responds to changes within their own area of responsibility
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft desktop Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
• Proficiency in SQL/VBA programming
• Experience with Insurance Industry and/or Actuarial systems and processes is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.