Operations - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM O&S - Private Equity Accountant
About the position
PGIM through its specialized asset management units, offers a wide range of investment products and services to institutional and retail clients around the world. Within PGIM, the mission of Investment Accounting and Operations Teams (the “Team” or the “Teams”), is to make quality data available to investment managers, enterprise reporting units and clients to enable the appropriate completion of investment management, performance and regulatory reporting, primarily for the Alternatives Asset Group (“AAG”). The Team primarily supports the firm’s alternative investments platform, including, but not limited to the following: investments in private equity, hedge fund and real estate vehicles. The Senior Associate is responsible for maintaining investment, accounting, reporting and record keeping systems on behalf of the Team to support various Prudential Business Units.
- Play material role in a number of strategic initiatives of the broader team(s)
- Assist in managing relationship with third party data provider and institutionalize processes to ensure data integrity
- Develop and enhance management and performance reporting utilizing available resources or through the development of new processes
- Participate in the development of periodic AAG deliverables
- Coordinate and play leading role in group’s daily cash processing activities
- Review the offering documents and financial statements of investment vehicles
- Coordinate and monitor all periodic deliverables
Overtime required during peak periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Investment Operations/Accounting
- Private equity and/or hedge fund experience preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environmentStrong communication and partnering skills
- Strong accounting, research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with following systems a plus (Investran, Burgiss, Documentum)
- Prior experience within a third party administrator and/or fund accounting knowledge a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.