Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Chief Investment Office Reporting
About the position
As a member of the CIO Planning, Analysis and Reporting team (CIO PAR), the individual will work closely with the Chief Investment Office to meet existing management reporting needs and respond to new and emerging information requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, and a creative approach to problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Production of management reporting and other various decks for the Chief Investment Office, including coordinating materials with senior leadership. Sample decks include:
Board Level and Senior Management presentations (Investment Committee and Senior Asset Liability Committee)
Industry Conferences, Investor Day and other external presentations
Rating Agency, Regulatory and Business Unit specific decks as needed
Ensure consistent reporting between the U.S. and International Insurance portfolios, with focus on how results tie back to externally reported financial results
Provide financial reporting and analysis support on CIO department-wide initiatives
Support portfolio managers, Investment Risk, Investment Operations and other Finance areas on ad-hoc assignments
Manage and develop one staff member
Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
- 5-7 years of work experience in financial analysis or reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field with a view toward enhancing analytical skills / credentials
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to collaborate across the Finance teams and foster relationships across multiple business partners including CIO, Risk Management, and PII
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with prior experience in developing / preparing decks
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities under tight timeframes
- Project management skills a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting concepts for investments a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.