Technology - Roseland, NJ Software Engineer
About the position
Prudential Financial is seeking a Software Engineer for the Global Technology organization supporting our Individual Solutions Group (ISG) businesses. This candidate will work with client management to identify and specify business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms computing environments e.g. host based distributed systems client server software hardware technologies and tools. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design. Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises tests and implements efficient cost effective application program solutions e.g. codes and or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and or integrates purchased solutions. May give some direction and guidance to other systems analysts programmers. Prepares charts tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems utilizing various business scientific engineering and mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. May contribute towards application availability health checks and business continuation with a sense of urgency. May also assist with incident and problem resolution. Works independently receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Solves complex problems takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
Position Overview: Prudential’s Integration Team supports Annuities and Life Insurance business in enabling integrations of system where data is migrated, broadcasted, consolidated, aggregated and correlated. The team develops various patterns (API’s Microservices Stream Processors) and technologies (APIGEE, Spring Boot, Full/MEAN Stack, Message Broker, Kafka)
Working with various team in understanding business need, performing analysis and transforming them to testable components
Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards, non-functional requirements and quality targets
Provide experienced software development skills to team and coordinate with other technical leaders across the organization
Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines
Thrive to ensure code quality is high supporting testing (component and integration tests) and automation
Research problems with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
Stay abreast od emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
Enable change, help accelerate innovation
Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a “test and learn” mentality
Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership – to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
- Strong problem-solving and analysis capabilities
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience working on agile scrum teams or under a SAFe@ framework
- A successful candidate will possess 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Working knowledge of branching techniques and usage of Github or Bitbucket
- Experience in distributed systems, object-oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology
- Exposure to Kafka or a stream processor platform, desired but not required
- Experience deploying applications to AWS, ECS, EC2 instances. Working knowledge of AWS Services such as Cloudwatch, CodeDeploy.
- Experience with FULL/MEAN STACK a strong plus
- Experience implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Experience in JAVA/J2EE services using Spring Boot, Spring CLI, Maven, Microservice, multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing
- Exposure to monitoring and logging techniques
- Knowledge working with MongoDB or similar NoSQL database
- Message Broker, desired but not required
- Knowledge of Annuities and Insurance products a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.