Real Estate - Arlington, VA Head of Production, Agency Lending
About the position
PGIM Real Estate is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders. PGIM REF originates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients, and other third party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
The Multifamily Agency Platform consists of approximately 140 staff members involved in the Origination, Underwriting, Deal Management and Closing of Multifamily Agency (Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae) loans. These activities include the origination of ± $6 - $7 Billion of Multifamily loans per year.
PGIM Real Estate is seeking a Head of Production for its Agency lending platform. This position will preferably be located in Arlington, Virginia and will report to the Chairman of the PGIM Real Estate Agency platform.
PGIM Real Estate is seeking a highly experienced leader to be the Head of Production for the company’s Agency Lending group responsible for Loan Originations for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Affordable and FHA Multifamily Loans. As a member of the Agency senior management team, this position will have direct responsibility for driving strategic loan production across the platform.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
Develop and execute strategies which drive strategic loan production.
Develop and cultivate high quality relationships with new prospects, while maintaining and building enduring relationships with existing clients.
Serve as the central point of contact for borrowers, intermediaries and internal team members in order to maximize the efficiency and integrity of the transactions process.
Supervise loan officers on debt structuring, pricing strategy, transaction negotiation and closing, and due diligence review.
Assist team in marketing efforts for all Agency business.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the commercial real estate mortgage arena. Qualified and interested candidates must have a quantifiable track record in business development with the proven ability to develop, cultivate and manage high quality, productive relationships with intermediaries and borrowers.
- Deep and proven knowledge of the Agency loan programs, underwriting requirements and capabilities as well as strong industry relationships.
- Strong leadership abilities, with demonstrated capability to manage, mentor and develop team members required.
- A leader and team player, candidates must work well in a multi-functional collaborative environment and demonstrate a strong work ethic and a commitment to customer service.
- Excellent advocacy, customer service and negotiation skills as well as strong communication skills required.
- Exceptional credit sense, judgment, and decision-making skills needed.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- High standard of moral and ethical judgment and behavior.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in real estate, finance or a related field preferred. Advanced degree and/or professional certification/designation preferred.
- Ability to travel, extensively at times
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.