About the position
Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Business Division that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life, disability and special risk insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation’s second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clients and insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States.
Prudential's Group Insurance Onboarding Team is seeking a Senior Contract Associate who is accountable for contractual documents for group insurance products (Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Business Travel Accident) across all market segments. This position is highly visible in the organization and the successful candidate is direct customer facing.
Responsibilities include the following covering all market segments:
- The Senior Contract Associate will be responsible for drafting a variety of client specific contractual documents related to the products and services we offer, including new policy issuance, certificate and amendment work that are in line with our Group Insurance portfolio and are regulatory compliant.
- Will be required to acquire a working knowledge of Group Insurance products, procedures and policies and is able to field questions for the same.
- Independently performs research on complex issues, extracts relevant information from various sources and synthesizes results.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for scheduled and ad hoc projects in relation to Contracts Drafting.
- Responds to contract interpretation questions from clients and internal partners as needed.
- May lead, coordinate and participate on Disability & Insurance projects and initiatives or participate in divisional projects.
- Maintains business awareness of all products, processes and system capabilities to enable effective communication of service capabilities.
- Supports the organization through participation in department, operational and strategic initiatives as needed.
- College degree or the equivalent combination of education and business related experience
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working within the insurance niche would be a plus
- Experience and knowledge of Group Insurance products would be preferred or more specifically AD&D and Business Travel Accident
- Prior group insurance industry experience and technical expertise specific to contract drafting is a plus
- Ability to consult and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to problem solve
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities
- Demonstrates curiosity about new subjects, learns quickly and shares appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of Prudential associates
- Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.