About the position
Manages and coordinates the administrative activities and operational support for a large, complex UNIX based system and all its components. Responsible for coordination of hardware and software installation and upgrades. Monitors system performance and capacity. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with DP staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. Responsible for site setup, user training, hardware software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware software logs and operating procedures. Coordinates basic user administration adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores. Documents standards and operating procedures for the UNIX based system and acts as a technical resource to the DP staff and systems users. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Leads others to solve complex problems takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead teams or projects.
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies (desirable Lpar/VIO, Zone/LDOM)
- Design, implement, and maintain UNIX environments (desirable - Solaris 10/11 and AIX 6/7; essential - RHEL 6/7)
- Design automation with Docker and Puppet (desirable)
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud orchestration for end user deployment of VMs (desirable)
- Implement deployments across various IaaS providers: AWS or Azure (desirable)
- Execute performance tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for UNIX/Linux environment (essential)
- Support UNIX/Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring (essential)
- Provide 3rd level support where needed, including systems diagnostics and systems tuning (essential)
- Interface with and guide application owners and developers to install, develop, and maintain, the application servers (essential)
- Establish processes and procedures for application loading and configurations (essential)
- Creation of architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run-books (essential)
- Contribute to the design, development and execution of system changes (essential)
- Provide 7x24x365 support for the company (essential)
- Late nights and weekend work will be required (essential)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.