Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Data Engineering
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2019, the firm has $838 billion of assets under management including $354 billion in institutional assets, $152 billion in retail assets, and $332 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a highly influential leader to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as enhance data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The right candidate for this role will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Leading change within the IT department to improve data best practices and effectiveness
- Managing production application data infrastructure
- Installing and testing new frameworks and software development tools
- Partner with other development teams to support application requirements
- Partner with IT vendors to influence product roadmaps to provide PGIM with a competitive advantage using best practices and trends
- Maintain relationships with other business partners, vendors and professional organizations
- Support staff in solving problems and incorporating new processes and technology to support the business
- Maintain a well-controlled and resilient technology environment, including the identification and management of IT risks in coordination with company policies and IT governance standards
What you will need:
- 10+ years’ experience as a project manager in Fixed Income Asset application delivery technology supporting Fixed Income required
- 15 + years’ experience in programming Java and another object-oriented languages.
- Experience with at least one of the enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- Experience working with MDM applications.
- Prior experience of data governance, data virtualization is a plus.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income analytics required.
- Experience with Agile software lifecycle, test driven development and continuous integration
- 2+ years’ experience in SCRUM/ Agile teams
- 5+ years’ experience managing database, high performance compute and DevOps infrastructure
- 3+ years’ experience with database ETL and database query optimization
- Cloudera/Hadoop, SAP/Sybase, SAP Replication Server, Data Marts and SQL Server experience a plus
- AWS, Google Cloud or Azure experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or CFA a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing an application development team
- Experience designing and building proprietary front office applications
- Strong diagnostic, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills
- Experience supporting a quantitative modelling team a plus
- Proven project management and change management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management on strategic initiatives and on-going business support
- Excellent organization, communication, collaboration and time management skills
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By the Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.