Legal - El Paso, TX | Minneapolis, MN | Jacksonville, FLVice President, Corporate Counsel
About the position
Prudential is a significant user and acquirer of technology and other goods and services. The Technology and Enterprise Contracts Law Group seeks a transactional attorney to independently provide comprehensive, timely, and high-quality legal services associated with the acquisition and use of a wide-variety of vendor goods and services, with a key focus on technology acquisition and use agreements. This position requires extensive contract drafting and negotiation. The attorney will also provide legal advice on technology-related issues such as open source software, software audits, technology consortiums, and software deployment in third party cloud environments. The Technology and Enterprise Contracts Law Group is part of the Operations and Systems Law area.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Drafting and negotiating complex agreements, with a focus on all types of technology acquisition and use agreements (such as software-as-a- service, software licensing, hardware acquisition, telecom services, and information technology consulting arrangements), as well as general vendor agreements for other goods and services (such as management consulting, tax and audit services, advertising services (custom content, influencer and advertising network), travel arrangements, and health care benefits). Also includes:
- Drafting and negotiating information technology outsourcing (ITO) and business process outsourcing (BPO) agreements and related complex statements of work and exhibits.
- Coordinating input on contract matters from Prudential’s internal subject matter experts in Tax, Labor and Employment, Risk Management, Intellectual Property, Privacy and Security, Insurance, Government Affairs, Records Law Executives, and Vendor Governance.
- Counseling business personnel on complex contract and legal issues and facilitating timely risk decision processes to finalize contract matters and identify relevant risk mitigation strategies.
- Supervising paralegals and contract analysts who are negotiating low risk contracts (such as trial evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and speaker/training agreements), researching contract issues, and digesting contract clauses for technology implementations, M&A transactions, and IPO/PBO transactions.
- Assisting the business areas with negotiating pricing and discount arrangements.
7 or more years of vendor contract and/or technology law experience at a Law Firm and/or In House Legal Department are required.
Ability to research, prepare legal documents and provide advice to the client
Ability to explain complex contract issues and terms in everyday language
Excellent writing and contract drafting skills
Exceptional planning and prioritization skills
Demonstrated understanding of the needs, demands and requirements of business lines as well as corporate centers/functions
Good working knowledge of the information technology business, services and products within the financial services industry
Must have the ability to negotiate and draft complex contracts for acquisition of technology and complex services, including the ability to construct business and financial terms of transactions in addition to legal terms.
Requires ability to balance a large workload and to turn-around contracts and documents accurately and in a prompt and timely fashion.
Experience with Microsoft 365, Excel, DocuSign, and online vendor contract management systems.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.