Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Lead DevOps Engineer
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $808 billion of assets under management including $346 billion in institutional assets, $142 billion in retail assets, and $321 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. In the rapidly evolving DevOps space, we are looking for a forward-thinking individual to advance our software life cycle automation and design and implement best practice around our how out platforms leverage technology infrastructure for world-class performance, availability and scalability. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
• Build high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation through engineering mindset
• Optimize current on premise infrastructure for cost, performance and availability
• Perform daily hands-on engineering tasks as well as provide performance, people and project management.
• Implementing security best practices that aligns with our ability to deliver products and services to our customer.
• Understand enterprise monitoring and logging tools to provide earlier warning and provide insights for our infrastructure limiting downtime and improving transparency
• Key Collaborator with executive leadership, software engineering and product management teams to ensure engineering execution meets business needs and is delivered in consistent and predictable manner.
• Develop monitoring and design metrics-based processes
• Champion all non-functional requirements of technical components like high availability, scalability and fault tolerance etc.
• Own the manage the stability and technology roadmap for the systems and responsible for delivering successful projects for these systems. Ensure successful execution of product roadmap that aligns with our platforms.
• Interface with technology operations, technology business management, information security, and architecture to ensure solutions are prioritized and structured to meet design and operational objectives.
• Partner with internal development teams and user plus external enterprise teams
What you will need:
8-10+ years engineering, architecting and delivering infrastructure technology solutions leading teams focused on platform and application engineering and operations
Strong understand of DevOps, Pipeline Construction, Release automation and deployment (Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Bitbucket/GIT, Confluence, Gradle)
building highly-available, high-performing services at scale and creating, and
evolving platform libraries/services used by other engineers
Strong experience with cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure and Google
experience in containerization using Docker or Kubernetes
experience with operating systems including Windows Server, Linux and Active
exposure to virtualization platforms including VMware and Site Recovery Manager
driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems.
knowledge of enterprise security tools (SSH, SFTP, Active Directory, Vintella,
ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with
customers and partners at the engineering leadership/executive level.
to present and communicate own ideas, multi-task and to meet established
problem solving, analytic and diagnostic skill.
with microservice architecture and SOAP/RESTful APIs between internal and
external service layers using industry standards.
in software development, SDLC, key programing and scripting languages like Java
of Unit & Integration Testing practices.
understanding of Relational Data technologies: SAP ASE, SQL Server, Hadoop,
What we would love to see:
Experience with messaging tools (Kafka, JMS, AMQP)
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By the Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.