Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Manager, DevSecOps
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2019, the firm has $809 billion of assets under management including $346 billion in institutional assets, $142 billion in retail assets, and $321 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for an Information Security leader to establish security controls and oversight to our evolving architectural environment. Our ideal candidate will have a proven background in application security evaluation, software development lifecycle (SDLC) governance and security awareness for a technology team in an Agile, DevOps environment. Our hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee and approve all new and proposed changes to technical designs that will impact development, infrastructure, digital and application technology for PGIM Fixed Income.
- Work with technology teams to identify, assess, track and address risks.
- Responsible for assisting the technology functions in conducting risk assessments that identify, document and track to resolution all internal, external and audit identified technology aligned gaps and risks for PGIM Fixed Income
- Develop, own and continually enhance regular key performance indicator (KPI) reporting dashboards and frameworks for senior management reporting.
- Train and raise security awareness of the PGIM Fixed Income technology organization.
- Close alignment with the regional business continuity teams and BCP and DR processes from a technology perspective.
- Assisting the business and technology functions to conduct risk assessments that identify, document and track to resolution all internal, external and audit identified technology aligned risks for PGIM Fixed Income.
• 5+ years of experience in Information Security
• Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management experience
• A strong demonstrated understanding of information security risks and mitigating controls across a broad range of technology functions, including application development, infrastructure, DevOps, release control, mobile and business analysis
• Familiarity with security risks and appropriate compensating controls common to the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) in an Agile and DevOps focused team. As such strong DevSecOps experience will be highly desirable.
• Managing the implementation of regional and global projects that have an information security requirement or security initiatives and operational processes
• Experiencing supporting business impact assessments, security administration, third party due diligence, penetration testsapplication code scanning, vulnerability assessments, table-top simulations and security monitoring
• Consider and recommend effective controls to enable line-of-business application development while ensuring adherence to central security policies and standards
• Experience with an Agile development framework and being a member of scrum teams
• Strong knowledge of DevOps and tools including Jenkins, Git, JIRA, Confluence, SonarQube, etc.
• Broad infrastructure technology understanding / experience (e.g., network, internet, software platforms, application development, etc.) to support effective evaluation and challenge of third-party security controls and internal technology solutions.
• Proven technical leadership skills, with an ability to drive change.
• Strong communication skills, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Ability to present on the information security function at formal management and external client presentations
• Solid and demonstrable comprehension of and maintaining up-to-date awareness of emerging information security threats including malware, attacks, and vulnerability and exploit management affecting the broader external and internal business landscape
• Deeply conversant with the regulatory landscape and information security standards
• Experience in financial services or investment management is preferred with the associated sense of urgency and complexity that this industry demands
• Ability to rapidly find, assimilate and correlate information correctly while under pressure
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; with a strong preference in an advanced degree.
• Comfortable working in a matrix management environment and balancing the requirements of multiple managers with business stakeholder requirements
• One or more current & maintained information security related certifications is a plus (CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, etc.)
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By the Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.