Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income, Senior Salesforce Developer
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2019, the firm has $808 billion of assets under management including $346 billion in institutional assets, $142 billion in retail assets, and $321 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a creative problem solver with strong analytical and communication skills that can establish a dynamic engineering team that will sit functionally between a broader, Agile-focused Systems team and our Quants. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have proven experience in Salesforce development and lightning conversions. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and introduce innovative recommendations, factoring in customer needs, external approaches, data analytics, as well as industry best practices.
- Liaise between the business analysts, internal systems team and external vendors, developing solutions to meet business requirements.
- Conduct a full range of programming tasks including design, development, testing and documentation for complex projects leveraging the Salesforce platform.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to solutions developed.
- Keep abreast of Salesforce initiatives and technology trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies on the Salesforce platform.
- Provide daily support to end users including managing issue resolution and performing root cause analysis.
- Manages system issues appropriately and escalates to senior management where needed.
- Facilitates system testing, working with business analysts to identify test cases, develop test scripts and conduct test execution.
- Will act as subject matter expert in Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and related applications.
- Assist in coordination of production releases, working towards an Agile delivery methodology.
What you will need:
5+ years of proven experience building experience with Apex VF Controllers and Apex Triggers and Visualforce development
Proven experience with Lightning development
Experience with leveraging web services to integrate Salesforce with external apps (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.)
Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Pentaho
Experience reviewing, configuring and supporting AppExchange apps
Strong testing and quality control skills
Strong client facing written and oral communication skills
What We Would Love to See:
- Agile development experience
- User Experience/Design knowledge
- Salesforce Advanced Developer Certification
- Working knowledge of Marketing Cloud or equivalent marketing automation tools
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By the Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.