Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income, Senior Business Analyst
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2019, the firm has $808 billion of assets under management including $346 billion in institutional assets, $142 billion in retail assets, and $321 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Analyst that can partner with our internal & external business users to capture, analyze, requirements and assist with implementation and testing of software releases. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of various Fixed Income products and will feel comfortable working within large internal and external data sets. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Utilize knowledge of business analysis concepts and SDLC methodologies to support business initiatives and system enhancements.
- Perform business process reviews and workflow changes, working with business users, vendors and IT when applicable.
- Analyze data to help support business requirement gathering and data quality.
- Document business requirements and functional and technical specifications
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies.
- Assist with internal/external communication, improving transparency and disseminating information.
- Support day-to-day business issues
Skills You Will Need:
- 10 years of Business Analysis, with experience in Investment Management, ideally in Fixed Income.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC and application development and release control methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall and DevOps
- In-depth ability to gather and analyze data and draw conclusions from that data.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make independent recommendations and decisions and to develop creative solutions to support business strategies.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very strong relationship management capabilities and confident engaging directly with business partners and technical resources
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills.
- Solid organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a demanding, face-paced environment
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an aability to structure SQL queries and understand relational database models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By the Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.