Asset Management - Newark, NJ 2020 Fixed Income Business Support & Operations Development Program: PGIM
About the position
We review applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 2 weeks after each application period concludes.
• Period 1: July 15, 2019 to August 15, 2019
• Period 2: August 15, 2019 to September 4, 2019
• Period 3: September 4, 2019 to September 22, 2019
All applications should be fully completed by September 22, 2019
Are you a rising senior looking to apply your business knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback.
In the PGIM Fixed Income Business Support Rotational Program, you will engage in a host of relevant and valuable experiences such as:
- Opportunities to contribute to PGIM Fixed Income’s business goals while building leadership, technical and critical thinking capabilities
- Acquire a deeper understanding of several aspects of the business while developing transferable skills and your internal network
- Obtain a well-balanced combination of practical work experience, project assignments and mentorship to prepare you to pursue larger and/or different roles within the business
- You will participate in our signature learning & development program, PGIM Fixed Income University (PFIU), a classroom and interactive project-based curriculum designed to prepare first year Associates for their careers in fixed income.
As a Fixed Income Associate, you will work in a collegial and supportive environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions, while placing equal importance on the results of the larger team. Associates are encouraged to share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining an environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Cross functional collaboration to ensure deliverables are accurate, timely and complete
• Multi-tasking and prioritize assignments to meet established deadlines
• Working within an understanding of operational procedures and processes
• Building relationships with internal and external clients
• Analyzing, reconciling and presenting on open issues and resolutions
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with $776 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2019). Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore. PGIM FI manages public fixed income assets, which stands as PGIM’s largest asset class under management. These fixed income assets include global government securities, mortgages, global investment grade corporate and high yield bonds, asset-backed securities, bank loans, municipal bonds, emerging market securities, and a variety of interest rate and currency related derivative instruments. PGIM FI has a consistently growing global client base and manages a variety of mandates across the full spectrum of strategies under the Fixed Income umbrella.
Please click here to learn more: www.pgim.com/
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Graduating in May/June 2020. Majors include: Accounting, Business Analytics, Business Management, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain Management/Operations Management
- Overall 3.3+ GPA is required
- Strong technical aptitude and systems skills (e.g., Excel, Bloomberg) are highly desirable
- You should have strong written, oral communication, interpersonal skills, and adaptability.
- At least one previous internship within Fixed Income, financial services, or the asset management industry is preferred
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
1. Submit your application and digital introduction – You only need to complete one digital introduction once per recruiting season even if you apply for multiple early talent roles.
2. Participate in a digital first round interview – You may be invited to complete a digital first round interview, with 2 – 3 questions to showcase skills and experience relevant for the role.
3. Join us at Prudential for final round interviews – If selected, you’ll join us at Prudential for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the early talent opportunities available across our organization.
For 2020 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.