About the position
The Corporate Governance team manages the corporate governance and administration for Prudential Financial’s shareholder communications, proxy development, proxy advisor relationships, governance policy development. The individual will manage initiatives and strategic projects as part of the governance team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct analysis on research from environmental, social and governance rating agencies including: ISS, Glass Lewis, MSCI and Sustainalytics about Prudential. Evaluate reports for accuracy and when necessary, recommend changes to provider based on internal research. Maintain ongoing relationships with providers. Monitor changes to provider policy that may impact Prudential’s rating.
- Deliver accurate and concise briefing papers and presentations for senior management based on information gathered from industry research including interpretation and application of policy relating to complex issues. Ability to deliver the results clearly and crisply.
- Develop content for proxy and shareholder communications material based on knowledge of governance issues and Prudential governance policies.
- Research proxy voting results.
- Monitor industry developments on governance
- Work collaboratively across departments with partners in Investor Relations, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Corporate Social Responsibility and other areas to develop data that is helpful to proxy development and rating agency research.
- Board work as needed, including annual shareholders meeting.
- Providing other general assistance to the governance team, as required.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Five to seven years related experience in Corporate Governance and shareholder communications is required.
- Self-starter, with strong individual and project management skills and experience, with the ability to work under pressure in independently and in a team environment.
- Public company experience is required.
- Demonstrated technical skills including developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Proven oral and written communication is required; communications background a plus.
- Strong and consistent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to discretely handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Superior research skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills -- ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Law or graduate degree desired.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.