About the position
Within Enterprise Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Strategy oversees the governance of PFI’s Risk Appetite Framework (RAF) and the supporting design and implementation of Deterministic Stress Testing (DST) programs. The Risk Appetite Framework provides a comprehensive assessment of Prudential's Risk Profile and Risk Capacity using reserves, capital, and liquidity as common metrics. It integrates risk based on multi-year forecasts for assets and liabilities across risk types, businesses, and under baseline and stress scenarios. These forecasts aid senior management and the Board in making well informed business decisions.
A key component of this function is developing and expanding economic scenarios critical to the development of asset and liability forecasts. Stress scenario process, structure and implementation are subject to oversight by the Stress Testing Advisory Council and require close partnership with Actuarial, Treasurer’s, Tax, Finance and other Risk Management functions at the corporate and business unit levels.
This Investment Associate will have a key role in:
· Developing, updating and implementing scenarios for stress testing
· analysis of results from enterprise stress tests
· managing application of quantitative methods to support risk analytics
· refining, documenting and presenting quantitative methods for approval by management and governing councils, and
· the design of econometric approaches to meet forecasting needs.
· Strong knowledge of, and practical experience in applying, statistical and econometric analytic tools
· Experience in actuarial, finance or investment analysis or testing role(s) emphasizing expert quantitative skills and practical, qualitative judgment
· Knowledge of macroeconomics and understanding of financial markets
· Advanced quantitative modeling ability
· Experience building complex database and/or spreadsheet driven analysis
· Skill extracting key data from large data sets (programming/VBA helpful)
· Insight to identify critical risk drivers in analytics
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Bachelors and/or advanced degree in a related discipline
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.