Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Hartford, CT Associate Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting
About the position
- Prepare and analyze internal management financial reports for presentations to senior management
Provide insightful and actionable monthly variance analysis and reporting
Manage monthly close activity in accordance with GAAP
Identify, research and resolve notable variances and unreconciled items
- Partner with various business contacts including Actuarial, Operations, and Finance Shared Services
- Continuously identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness by determining best practices related to internal management reporting
- Responsible for the reporting accuracy of the Retirement Finance Reporting data warehouse
- Research and analysis for adhoc reporting
- Support new initiatives and projects as needed
- Identify and analyze process errors through collaboration with business partners and recommend and implement control enhancements to mitigate risk
- Assist with the determination of financial accruals for risk events and complete FAS 5 reporting requirements for Corporate groups, working with Finance Shared Services, Operational Risk Management and business teams
- Support the SOX & MAR internal controls program administration through all phases, including scope and coverage, control assessment and documentation, walkthroughs, testing and assertions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance; Advanced degree, CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 - 5 years of Accounting / Financial Reporting experience
- Knowledge of Insurance / Retirement products a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Strong attention to detail and research and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization. This includes identifying opportunities to better leverage technology to complete deliverables more effectively.
- Understands financial and non-financial information sources and interdependencies.
- Understands basic GAAP/STAT concepts, Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
- Strong interpersonal, partnering and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables) and creativity using technology
- Able to acquire deep knowledge of data and system flows, and drive efficient and effective changes for better controls and reporting
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and work overtime during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Associate.Manager, Financial ReportingAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: LON0000G
Financial Planning & Analysis SpecialistAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Dresher, PA | Shelton, CT | Newark, NJ | Hartford, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PLA00080
This position reports to the Finance Manager within the Annuities Finance team supporting Prudential's Annuities areas. This position is responsible for partnering with key business leaders across Operations to summarize financial results, prepare forecasts and provide insightful analysis. Knowledge of budgeting, planning, forecasting, and the ability to connect business drivers and financial implications is critical.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to establishing processes and controls to insure accurate and timely reporting of monthly...
Investment Operations AssociateAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: VAL00054
Plan Accounting Investment Operations is an integral component in the support of Prudential’s Retirement and Investment Management businesses. The Investment Operations Associate position provides an opportunity for cultivation of leadership skills. Talent is treated as a strategic differentiator and Plan Accounting is committed to attracting, engaging, developing, retaining, and actively managing a diverse and high quality talent pool for the organization. Positions in Plan Accounting provide the opportunity to gain broad business knowledge by way of consistent...
Senior Planning & Analysis AssociateAccounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Shelton, CT | Shelton, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PLA00083
This position reports to the Finance Manager within the Annuities Sales and Expense Finance team supporting Information Technology. This position is responsible for partnering with key business leaders across Technology to summarize financial results, prepare forecasts and provide insightful analysis. Knowledge of budgeting, planning, forecasting, as well as, the ability to connect business drivers and financial implications is critical.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to establishing processes and controls to insure accurate and timely...