Prudential is looking for Mobile Staff Engineer who has a passion for mobile development. You’ll be a critical member of a small engineering team working on our new native Android apps. You must be able to develop sophisticated, innovative, and user-friendly mobile applications on the Android platform. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the technology, but one where you’ll have influence over the whole mobile program, from design to production. As a developer, you care about quality of code, understand how to work...
Technology - Newark, NJ | Iselin, NJ | Roseland, NJVice President, Retirement Technology Business Management
About the position
Retirement Information Technology (RITS) is looking for a leader to report directly to Retirement’s Chief Information Officer as the Business Manager and Chief of Staff. The Business Management Office (BMO) leader is a critical role responsible for driving the multi-year technology strategy and road-map, elevating talent and climate, and has accountability for the administrative functioning of the team. We are looking for someone who has strategic vision, can establish clear direction to achieve the vision and is able to engage, influence and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
- Responsible for working with senior IT leadership on the development, implementation and maintenance of a multi-year Information Technology strategy and road map by driving the annual planning process.
- Manages the business management office: consisting of Retirement Engineering communications, vendor management, annual planning and third-party risk as well as the strategic technology portfolio and program governance, metrics and administration.
- Facilitates and negotiates between internal and external stake holders.
- Engages in key initiatives and projects within the Retirement IT team as well as with other business managers across the Enterprise to ensure excellent execution and outcomes in a seamless, effective and timely manner.
- Ensures effective problem-solving, collaboration and communication between the Retirement IT Executive team.
- Provides a strong link between Retirement IT, Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) and Customer office along with Enterprise PMO, Finance, Executive office and offices therein.
- Manages, drives special projects and lead major change management readiness for technology organization.
- Acts as a key interface and partner on communications regarding planning, supporting, and coordinating internal and external communication needs for Retirement IT.
- Supports the CIO on establishing and driving strategy, creating a consistent culture and climate, setting objectives, KPIs and associated key messaging. Owns delivering on components of these critical strategies, including change management, in partnership with leadership and Human Resources.
- Has a pulse on understanding how the operating model is working and resolve / escalate issues with leadership team and other key stakeholders.
- In addition to the strategic aspects of this role, the BMO is accountable for the oversight and sign-off of all administrative items including (but not limited to): space plans; expense and headcount management, annual planning; chargebacks to business partners; review and sign-off of Business Continuation and Records Management plans; dashboard / management reporting; compliance reporting; and new hire on-boarding processes.
- The role will manage a team that will support him/her in achieving the work outlined above as well drive areas individually.
- Demonstrates a customer-centric engineering mindset with outside-in perspective
- Aptitude for and / or established success working in a “test and learn environment” with proven learning agility
- Exhibits strategic thinking and influencing capabilities, strong execution, and accountability for outcomes
- Embraces emerging technologies with the ability to recommend innovative solutions that drive business value
- Is a change advocate; demonstrates the capabilities required to thrive in a matrixed, fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Creates collaborative working relationships with colleagues quickly, is an active listener; is skilled in crucial conversations, demonstrates courage and curiosity – is not afraid to fail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - Master's or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, preferably as a business manager and / or chief of staff in technology function
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Managed vendor engagements in various approaches: time and material, fixed bid, managed service and core flex.
- Ability to flex style and work schedule in peak period demands; agile and adaptable to change
- Proven success in establishing success measures for a technology transformation effort a must
- Proven ability to manage multiple objectives in different subject spaces
- Experience in managing the administrative aspects of the role
- Experience with developing executive communications
- Demonstrated project management experience and execution
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20%) primarily to other WSG offices including: Hartford, CT; Roseland/Woodbridge, NJ; Dresher/Scranton, PA; Portland, ME; Scottsdale, AZ; and Dubuque, IA
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Staff Mobile Engineer, AndroidTechnology - Newark, NJ | Sunnyvale, CA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: CO 0001F
Software EngineerTechnology - Roseland, NJ | Newark, NJ | Plymouth, MN
- Full Time Position
- Job No: MES00007
Senior Java DeveloperTechnology - Newark, NJ
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRU000U0
Prudential’s Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) team is actively seeking a technology and problem-solving enthusiast to be a hands-on contributor to advance our architectural strategies and innovation efforts. We strive to leverage best-of-breed technologies to engineer robust solutions that result in substantial positive impact to Prudential’s ability to serve customers. If you are excited to engage with thought leaders and technology architects across the enterprise to deliver solutions that help us do business better, we want to hear from you! We pride...
Desktop Support EngineerTechnology - Dresher, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: GBT000EK
Prudential is seeking an IT desktop and application support engineer to provide support for a broad base of Prudential businesses. Candidate must have exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills. All technology related questions and issues from PC’s, Virtual desktops, managed print to mobile devices (iOS and Android) will be handled by the support engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide IT desktop support for the Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Mobile devices, Managed print end points and other emerging technologies....