About the position
The Analyst, Planning & Analysis position is responsible for assisting in the technical components of the financial forecasts for Prudential Retirement and will be a key member in the Planning & Analysis team.
The primary responsibilities of this position may include:
• Assisting with the technical processes within the quarterly forecasts and annual plan.
• Consolidating components of the financial forecasts such as GAAP and STAT operating earnings and balance sheet.
• Supporting the technical components of financial presentations that communicate Retirement’s financial results and outlook to executive management.
• Producing insightful analytics and financial metrics.
• Support development of efficiencies around production.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science or related field
• Advanced degree, MBA or CPA preferred.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate results and influence at senior management level
• Strong business acumen; financial services experience preferred, statutory experience a plus.
• Ability to convey sense of urgency and to work productively in a matrixed environment with internal and corporate business partners (product, actuarial, finance, tax, treasurers, etc.)
• Highly motivated and creative problem solver; strategic thinker on financial management issues
• Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze complex information, assess, challenge, and influence, across internal and corporate business partners.
• Strong project management skills Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style
• 1-2 years experience in financial planning, reporting, or related field.
• Advanced Excel and technical skills (e.g. data extraction and manipulation)
• Strong research and analytical skills.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.