Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
About the position
Serving investors since 1975, QMA targets superior risk-adjusted returns by combining research-driven quantitative investment processes built on economic and behavioral foundations with judgment from experienced market practitioners. Ultimately, each portfolio is constructed to meet the individual financial needs of the client. An independent boutique backed by the capabilities of one of the world’s largest asset managers, QMA is the quantitative equity and global multi-asset solutions business of PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. Today, we manage over $120 billion in assets for a wide range of global clients.
Core Functional Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day HR support to the business, serving as a liaison between employees and managers on general HR matters
- Provide generalist support, including heavy data analysis, for critical annual processes such as year end compensation
- Serve as the lead for all employee relations and performance management matters
- Partner closely with the PGIM staffing team to lead all recruitment efforts for the business, including developing recruitment strategies
- Provide support to the lead HRBP in developing and implement strategies for building and retaining a diverse workforce
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity
- Helps identify training and development needs for employees and collaborates with the Talent Management team to effectively come up with solutions
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive HR experience; financial services background preferred
- Solid knowledge of various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting and employee relations
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Comfortable working independently but able to work collaboratively as well
- Ability to influence and partner effectively with all levels of employees
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree in related field a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.