About the position
Team function & responsibilities
As a part of IT Infrastructure operations, analyst will function as a team member responsible for delivery of services across several IT infrastructure areas. This includes, Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux, servers/desktops, VMware and storage systems. A focus on maintaining stable and supportable environments adhering to defined engineering standards and service levels.
Provide request, incident and problem management for users and supported systems. Following service and change management procedures systems and users supported
Knowledge and experience administering Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, VMWare is necessary. A particular strong background VMWare Horizon and VMware VSAN administration is desirable. Familiarity with Linux operating Systems, and storage systems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person or via phone to diagnose and resolve end user technical hardware and software issues
- Administration and operations of daily checks, tasks and changes to Windows, Linux, Virtualization and Storage systems.
- Manage and maintain vulnerability patch management infrastructure across all supported systems
- Administer and implement software/firmware/driver updates to all supported systems
- Use VMWare tools / deploy / configure / manage Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Linux Server and Linux Desktop Virtual Machines.
- Use of VMWare tools to configure Horizon & VSAN & ESX environments (Servers and Desktops)
- Maintain and support VMWare VSAN infrastructure
- Provide support for infrastructure and application development projects.
- Ongoing monitoring, analysis and improvement to the Windows, Linux, VMware and Storage infrastructure to reach agreed service levels.
- Provide support and analysis for all systems troubleshooting participating on major incidents, service restoration and problem management
- Data center operations support including move, adds and changes.
- Maintain market & industry awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business.
- Liaise with appropriate application development representatives to optimise operations and administration of systems.
- Liaise with third party vendor operations management.
- Participation in on-site daily coverage with overnight and weekend on-call support as part of a rotation.
- Maintain good working relationships.
- Applicable to all staff
- Ensure the business area conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and QMA Information security policies.
- As business needs necessitate the individual may be required to work after regular work hours
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements and QMA Information Security compliance policies and procedures affecting the business area.
- Report any breaches of regulations to Legal and Compliance.
- Risk Management
- Ensure the business unit operates in accordance with stipulated risk management policies and procedures, covering market risk, credit risk and operational risk.
- Ensure failures and shortcomings in policies and procedures are reported.
A minimum of 5 years in a IT infrastructure Service Desk support and/or operations role; supporting Windows and/or Linux virtual infrastructures within critical production environments, with emphasis on service delivery and support
- IT Service Desk end user support in financial service industry
- VMWare Horizon VDI experience – infrastructure design, project rollout / migrations, support.
- VMWare ESXi experience eg. 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 – design, migrate, build, configure, maintain.
- Advanced Windows 2012 / Windows 2008 / Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems experience.
- Infrastructure programming skills – such as Power Shell / Perl / Visual Basic to automate deployment, improve and expand in-house infrastructure monitoring/reporting.
- Industry relevant Windows, Linux & Virtualization certifications
- Previous roles supporting/performing Operating Systems administration (VMWare, Windows, Storage, Unix)
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
- Basic Linux systems administration and operation
- Implementation / production support experience of Office 365 cloud services.
- Experience / deployment of HP blades, C7000 chassis, DL series server hardware, HP Virtual Connect.
- Generic financial systems, market data experience an advantage.
- LanDesk Service Desk and Management Suite
- Altassian Jira Products
- Netapp Storage systems operations
- Personal Attributes:
- Self-motivated individual
- Hardworking and dedicated team player
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong investigative skills
- Problem solving skills & perseverance
- Technical Literacy
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.