Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Project Management
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, the firm has $776 billion of assets under management including $334 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $307 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The Program Management Office (PMO) of PGIM Fixed Income manages a portfolio of large multi-functional assignments sponsored by Senior Leadership that execute the business strategy of PGIM Fixed Income.
These high-impact initiatives are designed to achieve the following business drivers:
- Implement capabilities for modernizing processes supporting client facing deliverables to generate flexibility, improve timeliness, and create scalable processes
- Leverage existing and new third-party tools to maximize the value of applications
- Raise technical aptitudes and enable self-service across the organization to create further scale
- Deploy global collaboration and workflow tools to improve efficiency
The PMO team is looking for Director with demonstrated capabilities who has an affinity for project management, process improvement, and / or consulting-like assignments. The selected candidate will report to the Head of PMO and will be expected to lead by example and possess a deep interest in understanding the business issues at hand in conjunction with implementing technology-driven and business process solutions that achieve the above business drivers.
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements that meaningfully improve efficiencies and quality of data.
- Drive collaboration across various functions and project team members throughout the planning and execution cycles for deliverables.
- Ensure resource allocations are accurate and frequently monitored for resource contention.
- Provide direction and assurance that plans align with and support organizational strategic initiatives. Aid with prioritization and sequencing of active and pending projects.
- Creation and maintenance of plans, tasks, and status updates; identify and document project milestones and key emerging risks through task lists, project status updates, meeting agendas, meeting summaries, etc.
- Review and drive documentation of current processes and provide business recommendations to restructure and improve processes; Leverage technologies to create efficiencies, as appropriate; Implement new processes / technical solutions and train business partners
- Coordination of multiple internal and external partners to achieve a desired business outcome; be persistent, direct, and flexible when carrying out follow-ups with business partners to move an initiative forward
- Frequent communication for Senior Leadership of PGIM Fixed Income and project sponsors to provide status and progress updates including milestones, dependencies, risks, costs, metrics, etc.
- Build organizational capability by hiring and retaining top talent while ensuring training and development opportunities occur for team members through sharing honest and open feedback.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience preferred including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership for project or business management role(s) including planning, execution, monitoring, and control of large, complex cross-functional projects
- Agile experience as a Scrum Master is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills, both conceptual and analytical; Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Proven self-starter with confidence to carry forward a large-scale project through planning, execution, and closing phases; Ability to multi-task and prioritize work across multiple initiatives / projects
- Strong Office365 skills, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, Teams, Planner, Flow, and Visio skills preferred
- Buy Side Asset Management industry experience preferred; Knowledge of public fixed income strategies a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.