Asset Management - Newark, NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Product Strategy
About the position
The PGIM Fixed Income Product Strategy team is looking for a talented and ambitious individual to help design the future product offering.
The Client Advisory Group (CAG) is PGIM Fixed Income’s sales, relationship management, client service and marketing organization. The team is global with individuals based in the US, Europe, and Asia. Responsible for all client, consultant and prospect activities, including business development, the team works closely with all divisions of PGIM Fixed Income. The Director in Product Strategy reports directly to the Head of Product Strategy and will play an integral part in establishing a best in class Fixed Income product strategy office contributing to both product design and competitive landscape analysis.
Monitor, anticipate and assess market, client, competitor and regulatory trends to drive product strategy and identify opportunities for product innovation.
Define and build the business case for new product strategy initiatives through assembling fact-based arguments and developing compelling presentations to senior management.
Assist with new product idea generation by conducting primary and secondary research and competitive analyses (e.g., product performance, market positioning, etc.)
Synthesize analyses and develop effective presentations
Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with teams across the organization including the product development team in Prudential Investments (mutual fund platform), Investments, Client Advisory, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Marketing
Help with product positioning and education of client facing teams
- 5-15 years of experience working for a leading fixed income asset manager, ideally in a product development or product strategy function
- Good understanding of fixed income asset management landscape (understanding of competitor’s product offering, new product launches, key products per distribution channel)
- Deep technical knowledge of fixed income instruments, products and solutions; both traditional as well as specialty/alternative fixed income (long/short and long only fixed income)
- Knowledge of pooled products (UCITS, QIF, SICAV, FCP, 40 Act funds etc.), their regulations and mechanics (liquidity, pricing, strategy)
- Ability to conduct financial, product portfolio, market and competitive analyses; experience in identifying relevant sources of data and collecting such data from public and private sources
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment, ongoing changes and its impact on the asset management industry / product offering
- Degree in related studies with possible concentrations in Finance, Business Development or Operational Research - Financial Engineering
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) used to clearly present complex business ideas
- Pro-active and results-oriented with the natural ability to multi-task initiatives to timely completion
- Keen attention to detail with a strong analytical background achieving quality results
- Experience using Bloomberg, PowerPoint and Excel
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.