About the position
Prudential's Individual Life Insurance (ILI) - Product Solutions Department is seeking a Business Analyst Associate to join our team.
The Products and Reinsurance Team, under Product Solutions Department, is responsible for the business requirements writing and successful implementation of business rules in PFMC database - a policy level data repository for individual life insurance products.
In this position, the individual will work closely with Business, Systems, and Reporting stakeholders. He or she will evaluate, document, and perform business table updates related to insurance product/systems enhancements. The candidate will develop Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and provide necessary supplemental documentation to support product/reinsurance implementation in PFMC and downstream systems. This candidate may also assist the manager with reinsurance-related initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assess insurance product changes and prepare Business Requirements Documents that contain concise and easily understood business/systems specifications, including process flows, business rules, and data examples, for all impacted downstream systems processes
- Review business requirements with major stakeholders to achieve buy-in from all impacted areas
- Update Mainframe and Unix business tables in PFMC as described in business requirements, to ensure data accuracy and complete coverage
- Provide business level support and monitoring at project status meetings
- Partner closely with business/systems associates to troubleshoot data issues, and determine solutions to implement our current product strategy portfolio
- Assist team manager on other reinsurance initiatives/special projects
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience required
- Mainframe (TSO) experience strongly preferred
- Experience querying and researching data in a Relational Database required
- Microsoft Access proficiency a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.