Product Development - Shelton, CT | Dresher, PA | Hartford, CTDirector, Product Development (Annuities)
About the position
The Product Development Director will help to champion the success of Prudential's Fixed Annuity business line by partnering with the business line leader to develop a long-term strategy, business plan, and a go to market strategy for fixed products. This candidate will also be responsible for the completion and delivery of business cases to senior leadership, facilitating large cross-functional collaboration sessions to help outline new product design, customer engagement, launch strategies and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the business line leader in driving products through the product development process from ideation to committee approvals and market launch
- Establish strong relationships with subject matter experts and leadership across Prudential and gain functional understanding of the end to end business model
- Create business cases and product specs for new product development efforts that align with Annuity business strategy
- Identify product design levers to care for consumer value, distribution opportunity, risk management and financial targets
- Understand the competitive landscape of various financial industry products and product lines, specifically fixed annuity product marketing and positioning, benefits, features and pricing
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams such as pricing, program management office, technology, distribution, marketing, legal, etc. to identify, track and resolve all issues related to new product development, product design changes and product performance management
- Assist in the development and review of product related marketing and positioning materials, digital interfaces, and internal and external fixed product training
- Manage timelines, deadlines and approvals associated with the above-mentioned collaboration sessions, product design and documentation
- 8+ years relevant experience in Financial Services field very strongly preferred
- Proven success in implementing or creating strategically compelling business cases for product development projects that deliver results to meet business goals
- Very strong strategic thinker and leader; is proactive and takes initiative
- Collaborator capable of working cross-functionally and cross-business to ensure a consistent and successful product and customer experience
- Self starter - can assess and prioritize tasks and issues for resolution
- Comfortable presenting and speaking with individuals across the organization
- 5+ years annuities experience and product knowledge; fixed annuity product experience strongly preferred
- Excellent influencing, organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and influence without authority, effectively collaborating with multiple levels within the internal organization as well as investment professionals and wholesalers
- Strength of convictions and ability to influence and champion product changes
- Ability to effectively manage several dissimilar projects and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- BA/BS degree required
- Series 6 license required within 180 days from hire date
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.Apply Now
Join PrudentialApply for this position
Please fill out the online application and upload your supporting materials. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application.Apply Now
Save or Send Email this Job
Get a link to the job and the full description that you can save for later or share with someone you think might be a good fit.Get Link to this job description in an email to save for yourself or send
Related Job Openings
Vice President, Variable Annuities Market ManagementProduct Development - Shelton, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000HR
Vice President, Product Implementation (Annuities)Product Development - Shelton, CT
- Full Time Position
- Job No: PRO000HQ
Manager, Product DevelopmentProduct Development - Hartford, CT | Iselin, NJ | Scranton, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FUL0003K
This position within Prudential Retirement will be accountable for the development of new products, services, and capabilities for our defined contribution, defined benefit, nonqualified and retail business. The position requires product development and project management skills and a solid understanding of the retirement marketplace. Candidate will be responsible for taking ideas through Prudential’s Product Development Process from ideation through launch including obtaining project funding and risk/compliance approvals.
Director, Product DevelopmentProduct Development - Hartford, CT | Dubuque, IA | Iselin, NJ | Scranton, PA
- Full Time Position
- Job No: FUL0003L
This position within Prudential Retirement will be accountable for managing the enhancement portfolio and for development of enhancements to existing product, services and capabilities that support the Full-Service Solutions (FSS) Business. This position will work under limited direction and be responsible for developing the enhancement prioritization process and managing the development of client specific and global enhancements designed to improve the competitiveness and profitability of the FSS product offering. The position requires core product development...